Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9360304
    What is wrong with color here? The picture was taken during the early sunset, I left the tint at 0 (always keep it zero to avoid hue) and temperature at 5950, same as I do with my other sunset photos. The yellowish-like tint on the plane was there because of the low sun, and was not added during the postprocessing. Is it worth appealing it? Thanks!
    Bit of a greenish-yellow tint. Adjust it so that it is more neutral, like the left side here:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	51907_1628175763.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	1121433

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Bit of a greenish-yellow tint. Adjust it so that it is more neutral, like the left side here:

      Click image for larger version

Name:	51907_1628175763.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	416.3 KB
ID:	1121433
      So the "acceptable WB for JP should be around 5500/0 no matter the time of day? Got it.

      Another not exactly the prescreening question, but not to create another thread: what are JP limits for aircraft being an aircraft? If I'll upload pictures of a 2019 birdstricken A321 remains (parts of fuselage/wings/cockpit) and a picture of a Tupolev 134 cockpit instrument boards we have in my university (still have aircraft registration on them) — would it be enough?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

        So the "acceptable WB for JP should be around 5500/0 no matter the time of day?
        No, the WB should be set as appears natural enough. This is subjective of course, but I would never say a single value must be applied to all images.

        Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
        Another not exactly the prescreening question, but not to create another thread: what are JP limits for aircraft being an aircraft? If I'll upload pictures of a 2019 birdstricken A321 remains (parts of fuselage/wings/cockpit) and a picture of a Tupolev 134 cockpit instrument boards we have in my university (still have aircraft registration on them) — would it be enough?
        Possibly. Would need to see the potential images before commenting further.

        Comment


        • Did some sunset pictures. Are they acceptable (of course I'll upload only one), or color/exposure is off?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0703-3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	524.1 KB
ID:	1124143Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0648-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	774.8 KB ID:	1124140

          Comment


          • Hello, is this crop acceptable? Thanks! Click image for larger version

Name:	YL-RAC.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	597.7 KB
ID:	1125931

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
              Hello, is this crop acceptable?
              I'd be ok with it, but others might not like the tail being cropped so.

              Comment


              • Hello, does horizon here look good? I don't know how to rotate the picture — if I add some CW rotation building on the center-right looks bad (like it is falling to the right), some CCW rotation — same goes for building on the left, just above the vertical stabilizer... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2576-14.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	630.2 KB
ID:	1126428

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                  Hello, does horizon here look good? I don't know how to rotate the picture — if I add some CW rotation building on the center-right looks bad (like it is falling to the right), some CCW rotation — same goes for building on the left, just above the vertical stabilizer...
                  Maybe a touch soft, but otherwise ok for me.

                  Comment


                  • https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9587569 — this one was rejected for bad info. What did I get wrong? (2 other photos with t/n 33 and 37 were accepted).

                    Also, do these photos belong in the "night shot" category?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2984-3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	621.3 KB
ID:	1126514
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2956-7.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	690.4 KB
ID:	1126513 Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9587569 — this one was rejected for bad info. What did I get wrong? (2 other photos with t/n 33 and 37 were accepted).
                      Actual reg. visible on tail.

                      Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                      Also, do these photos belong in the "night shot" category?
                      Yes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pandapilot
                        Is this photo sharp enough to be accepted (I got some photos from this point rejected for being soft)? Thanks!
                        Sharpness would be acceptable for me, though the horizon is off.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pandapilot
                          Thanks! If the horizon and color good here?
                          Would be ok for me.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pandapilot
                            Hello! Got 2 frames rejected for being too soft — are this pictures soft too (taken on the same day at the same time)?
                            1, 3 borderline but acceptable for me, 2 soft.

                            Originally posted by pandapilot
                            And is this one acceptable as a night shot?
                            Yes Night Shot applies.

                            Comment


                            • I was digging through my very old photos and found this picture taken on my very first DSLR. Unfortunately, the RAW file was lost (RIP HDD) and all I am left is this JPEG. Is it acceptable?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8580-3.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	1133952

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                                I was digging through my very old photos and found this picture taken on my very first DSLR. Unfortunately, the RAW file was lost (RIP HDD) and all I am left is this JPEG. Is it acceptable?
                                Glare bottom left might be an issue.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X