No announcement yet.

Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another try with new photos. Tried to take them in the best conditions possible, any advise on processing/acceptability?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536-3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1080175Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1080173
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
      Another try with new photos. Tried to take them in the best conditions possible, any advise on processing/acceptability?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0536-3.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	1080175Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0647.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1080173
      1. soft, cut off
      2. soft/blurry, horizon, centering

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	original_photo.png
Views:	29
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	1080199original_photo.png
        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. soft, cut off
        2. soft/blurry, horizon, centering
        I'm sorry, but I can not understand the "soft" thing. What causes it and how can I correct it in Lightroom? (I tried "sharpen" option but it didn't get the best results. I shoot 1/1000 f/11, here is a part of the original unedited RAW image in Lightroom.

Comment

P.S. I tried to set sharpening settings as shown in the video tutorial (amount 100, radius 1.6, detail 72, masking 50), but I don't see any difference on my monitor. Here is the result:Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0647-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	1080203

Comment

P.S. I tried to set sharpening settings as shown in the video tutorial (amount 100, radius 1.6, detail 72, masking 50), but I don't see any difference on my monitor. Here is the result:Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0647-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.22 MB ID:	1080203
            This is better, though noisier, and other issues remain.

In general, best way to avoid a soft image is to make sure the original is as sharp as possible - this is influenced by many factors such as lens quality, camera settings, weather conditions, so it would be difficult to say what exactly is causing it in your image(s). You can also hide such quality deficiencies by using a lower resolution like 1200pix instead of 1500.

Comment

Name:	IMG_0637.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	745.3 KB
ID:	1080216

This is better, though noisier, and other issues remain.

In general, best way to avoid a soft image is to make sure the original is as sharp as possible - this is influenced by many factors such as lens quality, camera settings, weather conditions, so it would be difficult to say what exactly is causing it in your image(s). You can also hide such quality deficiencies by using a lower resolution like 1200pix instead of 1500.
              Well... I use a cheap 50$ canon 75-300 lens (the only one I can afford ((( ), the camera was in Tv. Changed the image composition (honestly tried to copy this two https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9596063 and https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9380372, taken at the exact same spot) and reducted the noise.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0647-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	788.6 KB ID:	1080213

Comment

Name:	IMG_0637.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	745.3 KB
ID:	1080216

Well... I use a cheap 50$ canon 75-300 lens (the only one I can afford ((( ), the camera was in Tv. Changed the image composition (honestly tried to copy this two https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9596063 and https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9380372, taken at the exact same spot) and reducted the noise.Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0647-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	788.6 KB ID:	1080213
                Better, but aircraft is still somewhat soft/blurry. Maybe you should try editing a frame that doesn't have that issue so badly.

Comment

Better, but aircraft is still somewhat soft/blurry. Maybe you should try editing a frame that doesn't have that issue so badly.
                  Tried with a few other ones, these are the best ones I could find:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tried with a few other ones, these are the best ones I could find:
                    Those are all a bit soft too, but can't tell if blurry or not so may be fixable with better edits. If doing so, I'd crop a little less tightly.

Comment

Those are all a bit soft too, but can't tell if blurry or not so may be fixable with better edits. If doing so, I'd crop a little less tightly.
                      Thanks! This is my final take on these frames, if they cannot get any better I'll ask my friend to lend me his manual soviet 135mm and see if it makes any difference. I've reduced clarity, saturation and dehaze settings to zero and added some contrast.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! This is my final take on these frames, if they cannot get any better I'll ask my friend to lend me his manual soviet 135mm and see if it makes any difference. I've reduced clarity, saturation and dehaze settings to zero and added some contrast.
                        These would be considered similar, though the sharpness looks acceptable.

Comment

These would be considered similar, though the sharpness looks acceptable.
                          You mean - similar unacceptable because of the composition/noise?

Comment

You mean - similar unacceptable because of the composition/noise?
                            You may only upload one image per side/sequence. These images were taken seconds apart; in the future please choose just one.

Comment

Working...
                            X