Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

It was rejected also for contrast too high/too low. And now I am trying to guess was it high or low (unfortunately, the screeners do not specify).
    It was already stated in my comments:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Might need a bit more contrast

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5449-2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	605.6 KB
ID:	1107202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5464.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	1107203Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5409-5.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	1107204 Managed to snap a couple of pictures an hour before the northern sunset at 3 p.m. Are they worth something? Thanks in advance.
      Attached Files

Comment

Name:	IMG_5449-2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	605.6 KB
ID:	1107202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5464.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	584.5 KB
ID:	1107203Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5409-5.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	622.6 KB
ID:	1107204 Managed to snap a couple of pictures an hour before the northern sunset at 3 p.m. Are they worth something? Thanks in advance.
        1-2. similar
        3. cut off, soft

Comment

Dumb question — but is the composition here OK? I can re-do the shot with better lightning from the same point, but unfortunately I can't climb over the fence, there are cameras everywhere. Or would this photo be rejected for "objects"? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8235-3.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	602.3 KB
ID:	1107643

Comment

Dumb question — but is the composition here OK? I can re-do the shot with better lightning from the same point, but unfortunately I can't climb over the fence, there are cameras everywhere. Or would this photo be rejected for "objects"? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8235-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	602.3 KB ID:	1107643
            Difficult one.. I'll take your word you can't find a better angle, but that fact is not so obvious so I would guess that yes it would be a rejection for obstruction since the fence is rather distracting from this angle. If you could try to find another angle farther back where both the fence and aircraft are perhaps both in focus, it might be better as we do accept some obstruction on static/preserved subjects if it is completely unavoidable.

Comment

What about this pictures? Is the light OK or too dark?

Name:	IMG_5655-3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	1108644Or this one (I'll upload only one): Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5667-2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	1108645
              One of this 2: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5687-2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	1108646Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5717-3.jpg
Size:	491.5 KB
ID:	1108647

Comment

What about this pictures? Is the light OK or too dark?

Name:	IMG_5655-3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	510.8 KB
ID:	1108644Or this one (I'll upload only one): Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5667-2.jpg
Size:	499.7 KB
ID:	1108645
                One of this 2: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5687-2.jpg
Size:	543.6 KB
ID:	1108646Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5717-3.jpg
Size:	491.5 KB
ID:	1108647
                Im not screener, but in my opinion all of them are lack of contrast, dark tones principally, also were taken in overcast conditions so the contrast may be a problem. Take care with the horizon, check the vertical references.

Regards!
                Pablo Gonzalez de Leon.

Comment

Originally posted by PabloGlez View Post

Im not screener, but in my opinion all of them are lack of contrast, dark tones principally, also were taken in overcast conditions so the contrast may be a problem. Take care with the horizon, check the vertical references.

Regards!
                  Pablo Gonzalez de Leon.
                  Not overcast exactly, it is just low northern sun + thin clouds for the green 737. This any better? Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38027.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	509.4 KB
ID:	1108667Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5655-5.jpg
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	1108668
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not overcast exactly, it is just low northern sun + thin clouds for the green 737. This any better? Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38027.jpg
Size:	509.4 KB
ID:	1108667Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5655-5.jpg
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	1108668
                    With overcast I mean no sun light hitting the plane directly, basically a photo without shadows. Anyways it still looking overexposed, with contrast issues. And horizon in the first one.

Comment

With overcast I mean no sun light hitting the plane directly, basically a photo without shadows. Anyways it still looking overexposed, with contrast issues. And horizon in the first one.
                      Got it. Just to clarify — "contrast" means some areas (like landing gear and engines) are too dark? I used the lower pic (not mine) as the reference on how to edit. Anyway, I'll try my luck next time =)

Name:	IMG_5687-9.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	541.8 KB
ID:	1108675
                      Attached Files

Comment

Got it. Just to clarify — "contrast" means some areas (like landing gear and engines) are too dark? I used the lower pic (not mine) as the reference on how to edit. Anyway, I'll try my luck next time =)

Name:	IMG_5687-9.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	541.8 KB
ID:	1108675
                        Nop, in this case is the opposite, the engines or landing gear should be a bit more dark (the photo in general, but you can take this as reference if you want), the photo that you added to compare with is a perfect example of how a photo with good contrast is

Comment

Nop, in this case is the opposite, the engines or landing gear should be a bit more dark (the photo in general, but you can take this as reference if you want), the photo that you added to compare with is a perfect example of how a photo with good contrast is
                          Understood. Jeez, I see no difference on my monitor...
                          Thank you for your help!

Comment

This editing is also awful?

Name:	IMG_5687-11.jpg
Size:	552.4 KB
ID:	1108682

Comment

This editing is also awful?
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5687-11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	552.4 KB ID:	1108682
                              First of all, I never said that the photo was awful.
                              Now its much better but still borderline contrast because of the light conditionts. Wait for a screener opinion if you want.

Comment

First of all, I never said that the photo was awful.
                                Now its much better but still borderline contrast because of the light conditionts. Wait for a screener opinion if you want.
                                No offence, that photo is awful for me Because I see other people taking pictures in the same conditions and getting better results! So it is not an awful lighting, but my noob skills

Comment

Working...
                                X