Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescreen advice?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

    Thanks! Also, I feel really awkward to post lots of photos with similar issues (contrast/halos). Are there any tools in PS or Lightroom to check them (contrast level/are halos present)? I don't trust my eyesight and monitor (not the newest one) — the only thing left is to play a lottery "did I get it right this time"?..
    Contrast can't really be checked that way since a lot of the time it's subjective, and tools like the histogram measure the whole frame, while we are mostly concerned about the aircraft only. Unless extremely strong, halos usually only show up against blue sky, so not worth checking for images on the ground. Horizon is also more of a subjective thing, so you'll just need to rely on your own eyes

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

      Contrast can't really be checked that way since a lot of the time it's subjective, and tools like the histogram measure the whole frame, while we are mostly concerned about the aircraft only. Unless extremely strong, halos usually only show up against blue sky, so not worth checking for images on the ground. Horizon is also more of a subjective thing, so you'll just need to rely on your own eyes
      I have lots of images like this one (taken under the glideslope) I want to upload. 3 in a row were rejected for halos — that's why I asked how to check them. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5842-8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	396.9 KB ID:	1112115

      Comment


      • Can I upload this photo with a ground crew member in it or it would be rejected for "objects"? Is the editing good? I especially want to upload this exact picture (although I have another photo without a crew member in it) to show the size of a "small" airliner compared to a person...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7789-3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	737.0 KB ID:	1112476 Second picture a long ago was rejected for oversaturation/bad colors. Is it acceptable now?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7105-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	740.3 KB ID:	1112477 Thanks!

        Comment


        • Both look like they might be slightly overexposed, but would otherwise be ok for me.

          Comment


          • Tried to edit my photos in another way (5 in a row rejected for contrast too low). Is this edit better or worse?Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7957-4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	759.7 KB ID:	1112527Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7936-5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	713.3 KB ID:	1112528

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
              Tried to edit my photos in another way (5 in a row rejected for contrast too low). Is this edit better or worse?
              Borderline contrast on second (fuselage should be white, not grey), but first would be acceptable for me.

              Comment


              • Hello! Are these photos acceptable? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9803-6.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	1113071Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9610-2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	639.8 KB
ID:	1113073Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9829-4.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	566.5 KB
ID:	1113072

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                  Hello! Are these photos acceptable?
                  1. borderline color/contrast
                  2-3. ok for me

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                    1. borderline color/contrast
                    I need to add some? Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

                      I need to add some? Thanks!
                      If you refer to add contrast, yes, white tones / highlights.
                      If you refer to add some (saturation?) for fix the color, No, it would be ok, maybe add a bit of cold tones instead of warm ones.. but it is not a big issue.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

                        I need to add some? Thanks!
                        Contrast is a bit too weak and there is a yellow cast.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Contrast is a bit too weak and there is a yellow cast.
                          Tried to change white balance manually. Is it correct now? Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9803-9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	470.0 KB ID:	1113106

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post

                            Tried to change white balance manually. Is it correct now? Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_9803-9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	470.0 KB ID:	1113106
                            Would be ok for me.

                            Comment


                            • This picture was rejected for "bad color". Is it overprocessed? Used the same preset on accepted photos.Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7842-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	758.5 KB ID:	1113315
                              Is the lower one better? Tried to make it "smoother".Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7842-3.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	770.7 KB
ID:	1113317

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by pandapilot View Post
                                This picture was rejected for "bad color". Is it overprocessed? Used the same preset on accepted photos.Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_7842-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	758.5 KB ID:	1113315
                                You uploaded it with an incorrect color profile (Display P3). Try uploading it with sRGB instead.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X