Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta95Heavy - Prescreening/Rejection Help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

    1. borderline heat haze
    2. dark/contrast
    You said borderline heat haze on my AF777 and it got accepted and that was a further shot than this, but ok. On the AF 359, up the exposure and give it some contrast or does it have too much?
    “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

      You said borderline heat haze on my AF777 and it got accepted and that was a further shot than this, but ok. On the AF 359, up the exposure and give it some contrast or does it have too much?
      It's too dark as it is; I'd see if it could be brightened up without losing too much contrast.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

        It's too dark as it is; I'd see if it could be brightened up without losing too much contrast.
        Upped the exposure a bit. How is this?

        Click image for larger version

Name:	03-26-2022-0596.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	1138257
        “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

          Upped the exposure a bit. How is this?
          Exposure better, but as I suspected, contrast a bit washed out now.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

            Exposure better, but as I suspected, contrast a bit washed out now.
            Upped the contrast by about 20'ish or so.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	03-26-2022-0596.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	1138358
            “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

              Upped the contrast by about 20'ish or so.
              Better than original post, but still borderline at best for dark/contrast.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                Better than original post, but still borderline at best for dark/contrast.
                I tweaked a bit more and threw it in the queue. We'll see what happens. Thanks again!
                “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

                Comment


                • #38
                  I know this is probably going to be a long shot, but any chance of this one getting accepted as an airport overview?

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	05-29-2022-1118.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	1138495
                  “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post
                    I know this is probably going to be a long shot, but any chance of this one getting accepted as an airport overview?
                    Not bad, but need better centering. Too much dead space in the top half.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                      Not bad, but need better centering. Too much dead space in the top half.
                      Glad you like! Here's a slightly re-edited version. Took out most of the dead space up above the tower and some other adjustments. Click image for larger version

Name:	05-29-2022-1118-3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	1138777
                      “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

                        Glad you like! Here's a slightly re-edited version. Took out most of the dead space up above the tower and some other adjustments.
                        Centering/composition looks fine to me; my only concern would be the lack of light in most of the frame, and the glare/lens flare from the lights bottom left.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

                          Centering/composition looks fine to me; my only concern would be the lack of light in most of the frame, and the glare/lens flare from the lights bottom left.
                          I don't think there's much more I can do with that. If I lower the frame to rid the flare from the foreground lights, I have too much sky in the upper. I'm probably going to just keep this one for Instagram.

                          Anyways, this one I am giving another go. The only reason for the rejection was for being a bit dark. Is this edit better? Thanks as always Dana!


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8390.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	743.1 KB
ID:	1139316
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Delta95Heavy; 2022-06-25, 00:19. Reason: Re-edit and re-upload of the original per some advice further in thread.
                          “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Hi Buddy,
                            Its been a few years for me but I think dark might be referring to the difference I highlighted below.Click image for larger version  Name:	image_48109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	770.0 KB ID:	1139301

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by conoramoia View Post
                              Hi Buddy,
                              Its been a few years for me but I think dark might be referring to the difference I highlighted below.
                              So, from the look of it I need to play with the exposure a little bit and maybe the contrast?
                              “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

                                I don't think there's much more I can do with that. If I lower the frame to rid the flare from the foreground lights, I have too much sky in the upper. I'm probably going to just keep this one for Instagram.

                                Anyways, this one I am giving another go. The only reason for the rejection was for being a bit dark. Is this edit better? Thanks as always Dana!
                                Still borderline dark/contrast. Aircraft is nearly backlit. Don't think you have better than 50/50 chance with this no matter the edit.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X