X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

1. borderline heat haze
    2. dark/contrast
    You said borderline heat haze on my AF777 and it got accepted and that was a further shot than this, but ok. On the AF 359, up the exposure and give it some contrast or does it have too much?
    “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Delta95Heavy View Post

You said borderline heat haze on my AF777 and it got accepted and that was a further shot than this, but ok. On the AF 359, up the exposure and give it some contrast or does it have too much?
      It's too dark as it is; I'd see if it could be brightened up without losing too much contrast.

Comment

It's too dark as it is; I'd see if it could be brightened up without losing too much contrast.
        Upped the exposure a bit. How is this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	03-26-2022-0596.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	1138257
        “In the ongoing battle between objects made of aluminum going hundreds of miles per hour and the ground going zero miles per hour, the ground has yet to lose.” – Anonymous

Comment

Upped the exposure a bit. How is this?
          Exposure better, but as I suspected, contrast a bit washed out now.

Comment

Exposure better, but as I suspected, contrast a bit washed out now.
            Upped the contrast by about 20'ish or so.

Name:	03-26-2022-0596.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	1138358

Comment

Upped the contrast by about 20'ish or so.
              Better than original post, but still borderline at best for dark/contrast.

Comment

Better than original post, but still borderline at best for dark/contrast.
                I tweaked a bit more and threw it in the queue. We'll see what happens. Thanks again!

Comment

I know this is probably going to be a long shot, but any chance of this one getting accepted as an airport overview?

Name:	05-29-2022-1118.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	334.7 KB
ID:	1138495

Comment

I know this is probably going to be a long shot, but any chance of this one getting accepted as an airport overview?
                    Not bad, but need better centering. Too much dead space in the top half.

Comment

Not bad, but need better centering. Too much dead space in the top half.
                      Glad you like! Here's a slightly re-edited version. Took out most of the dead space up above the tower and some other adjustments. Click image for larger version

Name:	05-29-2022-1118-3.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	1138777

Comment

Glad you like! Here's a slightly re-edited version. Took out most of the dead space up above the tower and some other adjustments.
                        Centering/composition looks fine to me; my only concern would be the lack of light in most of the frame, and the glare/lens flare from the lights bottom left.

Comment

Centering/composition looks fine to me; my only concern would be the lack of light in most of the frame, and the glare/lens flare from the lights bottom left.
                          I don't think there's much more I can do with that. If I lower the frame to rid the flare from the foreground lights, I have too much sky in the upper. I'm probably going to just keep this one for Instagram.

Anyways, this one I am giving another go. The only reason for the rejection was for being a bit dark. Is this edit better? Thanks as always Dana!

Name:	IMG_8390.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	743.1 KB
ID:	1139316
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Delta95Heavy; 2022-06-25, 00:19. Reason: Re-edit and re-upload of the original per some advice further in thread.

Comment

Hi Buddy,
                            Its been a few years for me but I think dark might be referring to the difference I highlighted below.Click image for larger version  Name:	image_48109.jpg Views:	0 Size:	770.0 KB ID:	1139301

Comment

Originally posted by conoramoia View Post
                              Hi Buddy,
                              Its been a few years for me but I think dark might be referring to the difference I highlighted below.
                              So, from the look of it I need to play with the exposure a little bit and maybe the contrast?

Comment

I don't think there's much more I can do with that. If I lower the frame to rid the flare from the foreground lights, I have too much sky in the upper. I'm probably going to just keep this one for Instagram.

Anyways, this one I am giving another go. The only reason for the rejection was for being a bit dark. Is this edit better? Thanks as always Dana!
                                Still borderline dark/contrast. Aircraft is nearly backlit. Don't think you have better than 50/50 chance with this no matter the edit.

Comment

Working...
                                X