No announcement yet.

Feedback Please! Constant Rejections...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Please! Constant Rejections...

Looking for some help on these... I seem to get constant rejections from JP and A.net... Are they really that bad? Just getting to the point of I may quit trying.

Where I shoot ( KDCA ) to get full on sun broadsides, I would have to be in the river...

JP Reasons:
    - Dirty Scan / CMOS Dust spots
    - Categories wrong or missing
    - Vignetting not allowed

A dot net Reasons
    - Category
    - Noise
    - Oversharpened
    - Quality

JP Reason
    - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Too much or too little contrast

A dot net Reasons
    - Blurry
    - Noise
    - Quality

A dot net Reasons
    - Blurry
    - Dirty
    - Halos
    - Oversharpened
    - Quality

a dot net Reasons
    - CW Rotation
    - Distance
    - Low Contrast
    - Noise
    - Quality

Not sure what to tell you, I can only see two of the above images having been rejected in the past two weeks, and not for all of those reasons you have listed. The rejection reasons that were actually listed were valid, so could you perhaps be a little more specific (and accurate with your representation of what actually happened) with your request?

Comment

Thank you dlowwa.

I'll study the examples more I guess.

On over sharpening / noise - are these close on those? I've seen both crazy over-sharpened and very noisy - I don't feel like mine are out of the ballpark, maybe just a little off?

Is the dust tool available pre-upload somewhere that I am unaware of - like to just upload and use that filter to see the dust prior to submission?

Just trying to improve but after lots of submissions and only 1 single acceptance (my first submission.... maybe it was dumb luck), I'm starting to get frustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by hflowers View Post
        Thank you dlowwa.

On over sharpening / noise - are these close on those? I've seen both crazy over-sharpened and very noisy - I don't feel like mine are out of the ballpark, maybe just a little off?
        Maybe you're posting on the wrong site. Neither of those two images were rejected for oversharpened or noise. Were they rejected at anet for such?

Comment

Sorry I should have listed on the OP - I added the site and reason.

I'm just trying to learn from others and improve on this! Thank you for the time.

Comment

your sensor has clear dust spots in all of the above pictures. I would recommend cleaning your sensor as the first step.

Comment

Sorry I should have listed on the OP - I added the site and reason.

I'm just trying to learn from others and improve on this! Thank you for the time.
              The JP rejection reasons speak for themselves: on the first dust spots and vignetting are visible, and you selected the wrong categories. The second is too low in the frame, and lack of direct light has led to poor contrast on the aircraft. Any problems beyond those like sharpening/noise/quality/etc.. were issues at anet, so you'd have to ask there to have them explained/resolved.

Comment

Some general comments about getting started on jp.com.

There is a desired format that the database likes; sunny, sharp, good contrast. So try to shoot in good light conditions. Also the further away you are the more difficult it becomes to get a good sharp image. It is easier to get a nice image at 200mm than 400mm. Fill the frame, when you have to crop in the picture quality drops.

The light on the Southwest pelican livery looks good. Do you have other images from that day?

What software are you using for editing your photos? Do you have an editing "workflow" established?

I would be happy to edit a couple of your images to show you what I do to process my images.

Best regards,
                Jeremy

Thank you dlowwa.

Is the dust tool available pre-upload somewhere that I am unaware of - like to just upload and use that filter to see the dust prior to submission?

Just trying to improve but after lots of submissions and only 1 single acceptance (my first submission.... maybe it was dumb luck), I'm starting to get frustrated.

Comment

Working...
                X