X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rui cardoso
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Yes, if created by software this would be considered manipulation, but such effects can also be created through lens settings or even physical filters, so unless you have irrefutable proof that an image has been manipulated digitally, probably best not to throw out what could end up being false accusations. If there is a specific image you have doubts about, you can always contact the crew privately.
    English is not my native language, I read and understand almost everything but I have difficulty writing and so I use the translator with some regularity and in this process maybe I have approached the subject the wrong way, it is not about making accusation, just questioning the eventuality of practices not allowed in JP. I see some photos where the flare of the lights is very sharp and bright, with very well defined shapes compared to others, such as the last Dutch photos that in my view are natural effects, which led me to wonder if There would be no manipulation in some photos, which obviously I will not reference. I don't have much technical knowledge in photography, I'm new to photography and I'm learning mainly from mistakes, and this forum intervention may have been one of those mistakes, but according to your words there are settings and physical filters to do that. Indeed, it is one more thing I learn here in the forum. It has been from constantly reading the doubts of other forum users that I have improved the quality of my photos, I only use basic LR settings.

Leave a comment:

• klaxspotting
    replied
    Originally posted by rui cardoso View Post
    I have seen some night photos where the lights, whether the signaling of the plane, the taxiway or runway as well as the lighting stand out through the display of rays, these effects are artificially created by the editing programs, my question is if This should not be considered manipulation.
    Oftentimes photographers set their cameras up to achieve this result. A high f number combined with a long shutter speed takes in light in such a way that it returns with a starburst effect (light rays) and blurred backgrounds, foregrounds, and/or skies. This is not manipulation and in my opinion looks significantly better than anything I’ve seen done in an editing program.

Leave a comment:

• Cleveland.Spotter
    replied
    Are you referring to starburt beacon lights like this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0BA2F758-2B0C-4C30-9B1C-4A719ED65CB9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	537.8 KB
ID:	1043648

Leave a comment:

• ErwinS
    replied
    I have seen some night photos where the lights, whether the signaling of the plane, the taxiway or runway as well as the lighting stand out through the display of rays, these effects are artificially created by the editing programs, my question is if This should not be considered manipulation.
    Would be beter if you can show us some examples.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Yes, if created by software this would be considered manipulation, but such effects can also be created through lens settings or even physical filters, so unless you have irrefutable proof that an image has been manipulated digitally, probably best not to throw out what could end up being false accusations. If there is a specific image you have doubts about, you can always contact the crew privately.

Leave a comment:

• rui cardoso
    started a topic rui cardoso - editing/photo advice

rui cardoso - editing/photo advice

Working...
X