Who's using the new Photoshop CS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's using the new Photoshop CS?

I think I heard Colin say he was using it...anyone else? I am getting ready to go pick up a copy...just looking for anyone's pro's or con's on it. It looks nice enough.

Elements is fine for me...sharpens, resizes and levels...all I need...oh yeah...oversaturates colors... :P

-Clovis

Comment

I am happy just using Photoshop Elements 7. I just bought it, costs too much. How much did you pay anyway?

Comment

Haven't had a chance to really use it.... (been busy with other stuff).. but seems like handling raw files directly is really nice... too bad my raws are 12Mb each other than that, I understand there are a few other improvements.. but nothing sounded revolutionary..

Comment

What is "Photoshop CS"?

Cheers
          Gerardo
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Photoshop CS is Photoshop 8 rebranded as part of Adobe's "creative suite" package.

I must say I'm impressed by it (mind you I'm also benefitting from the PS 7 features which I missed by sticking with PS 6)

The RAW convertor is a big plus - I'm amazed what a difference this has made to the way I work - being able to browse, convert and process images with a single application makes the whole workflow much more streamlined and less of a chore - I'm also much more inclined to play with various conversion options to get the optimum result.

Cheers,

Colin

Comment

Hmm...
              I'm still in the stone age with Photoshop 5.5...
              Gotta "find" me a more recent version me thinks...
              At least PS5.5 has a 'fade' function that can fade every action you did. Elements (that comes with the 10D) doesn't have it.
              cheers...

Comment

If you have 5.5 then you can use an upgrade option for CS- worth the price for the RAW convertor alone. If you're coming from 5.5 there's LOADS of benefit to be had!

Cheers,

Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Yes, I need an upgrade from 5.5. If there is a RAW converter in there these days, it will be excellent to have. I don't like the Canon Fileviewer utility. It's too slow. I've been shooting JPEG mostly, simply to avoid the hassle of raw-conversion (and the rediculous file sizes). Only rare aircraft I shoot in RAW.

But an upgrade will cost me money, and I'm a cheap b@stard!
                  No tengo dinero at the moment.

But I might have a friend who can "provide" an upgrade

Comment

Well I don't like copying software anymore than I like someone ripping off my pics ... but in this case, I don't think it will work anyway - PS have introduced "online activation" limiting installations. Yes, there are some cracks around, but by all accounts these have some rather nasty bugs.

Cheers,

Colin

Comment

I can ask Santa...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyuss
                        I can ask Santa...
                        And you are how old?

Ok, funny story,

My neighbors kid still believes in Santa. Guess how old she is?

Ready? 15. Yep, I think it is time the parents fessed up. What's going at school for that girl?

Comment

I'll bet the mall Santa has fun..... :P

Comment

Working...
                          X