No announcement yet.

what categories does this belong under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what categories does this belong under?

BTW, I did this picture with NeatImage, here is the original;

WHAT IS NEATIMAGE!!!!

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I don't believe it. What kind of camera was the "Original" taken with? If you remove the grain from that, you would have mush.

Comment

Ryan,
        I understand the concept of, and have version of Neatimage. Luckily I don't have cause enough to use it. It looks as if you added grain to that image, why I can only guess.

Comment

Check it!!!!

TO THIS!!!!!

Not as good as a good shot, but it did a great job! THANKS and FREE too!

Comment

P.S. the top could not get accepted, I think the bottom would!

Comment

hmm I think AIRLNRGUY did too much on the pic. The pic looks kinda washed out ....
              greetings,
              Philip

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way Fred, but the neatimage version looks way to soft and blurry now. It is not really designed to take out that much grain.

Comment

I agree 100%, but it looks better than all the grain. It has alot of settings and I went with the defaults because I have no Idea what I am doing with it. I think looking at my new soft image is more pleasing to the eye than all the grain.

Comment

I do have another question. I left the camera in rapid fire mode and that is why I had so much grain. I am not a photographer and do not know the difference in high speed and why it did cause so much grain. Did it set the ISO to a higher number than the ISO 200 film I put in it?

I do not understand and any info/links would be great

I want to get the Concorde on the barge before I give my brothers camera back and want a shot with out all the grain. All info NOT welcome, Correct info only please

I hate film!

Comment

That shot was from film. (not surprising.)

Comment

OK, could that mean I checked a category I wasn't supposed to? Only one way to find out, reupload.

Comment

Ryan,
                          I think the rejection was based on the "Various" you used in your photo data, since there was only one aircraft in the photo that was complete the type should have been 747 and the airline Northwest.

Derf,

When you first posted that Concorde shot I ran it through Neat Image and then layered the filtered image over the original in Photoshop and used the earser tool to earase all of the filtered image but the airframe. It came out like this:

To keep your grain down when you go out shooting again get a film with a lower ISO like Fuji Provia 100. Then be sure to have it processed by a quality facility, not a 1 hour type place.

Comment

Very nice and I was shooting 200 Kodak for overcast conditions. I love your idea of layering and using the erase tool. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X