X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cja
    replied
    Clovis wrote

Ever occur to you that he may have cropped that off of a 1600 wide image, gotten an result that was 200 pixels wide, off-level, cropped again, (we're down to 190 pixels now), up-sized to 1024 pixels, and shot without focusing, using smaller than max file size, AUTO at ISO800 1/2000th f/8 or something of the like, and is using a 300D?
    Ok, I was trying to give the guy some credit and maybe a hint for his next attempt. If he did as you suggested he needs to buy a few books on photography. If he can afford the camera he can afford to read up a bit and learn to get the basics right.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Agreed, but you dont need to be an ass about it.
    Call it what you want.... but it is nothing more then your opinion.. I just don't blow smoke up people's ass.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    Originally posted by "screaming_emu
    Well aren't you special?
    Yup!

Face it.. the picture is a gonner.....
    Agreed, but you dont need to be an ass about it.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Well aren't you special?
    Yup!

Face it.. the picture is a gonner.....

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    As was stated above, the shot looks well framed and it appears the problem witht he picture is a camera issue not one with the photographer
    Ever occur to you that he may have cropped that off of a 1600 wide image, gotten an result that was 200 pixels wide, off-level, cropped again, (we're down to 190 pixels now), up-sized to 1024 pixels, and shot without focusing, using smaller than max file size, AUTO at ISO800 1/2000th f/8 or something of the like, and is using a 300D?

It's possible...I've seen it many times...

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    I dunno....I "right click and delete" pictures far better then that...those are just.... well.... nasty.
    Well aren't you special?

As was stated above, the shot looks well framed and it appears the problem witht he picture is a camera issue not one with the photographer. It looks like maybe you're using some digital zoom in the picture and also that there might be some heat haze in there too. Keep trying, you can only get better and dont let the assholes get you down.

Leave a comment:

• cja
    replied
    How about trying a polarizing filter to reduce the glare from bright sunlight and also think about the way shadows are cast when the sun is right overhead as seems to be the case in this photo. These are not the greatest conditions for photography, causing shadows and high contrast.

Nicely framed shot though!

NB. I am no real expert, so others may have alternative views on this that they may wish to share with us, other than, right click-delete.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Okay, point taken.

Let's try the other helpful angle......Andreas, what camera are you using?

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    I've seen cell phones that take better photos.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Is it fair to lead him into believing that picture is something it isn't?

Did you look at his other rejects? I did.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    So no gently gently approach to ajozwiak's first post on here, just straight for the jugular....nice!

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    I dunno....I "right click and delete" pictures far better then that...those are just.... well.... nasty.

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    Whoops, sorry AJ, I accidentally gave Jeff credit for the digital darkroom fixup. Sorry about that. Jeff I'm sure you're pretty handy too.

Leave a comment:

• AJ
    replied
    Jeff, you flatter me so, stop it!

The first one is the original brightspark, the second shows that some post camera editing is necessary, and as I stated, neither are anywhere near acceptance standards.

I'm just trying to be more helpful to ajozwiak than
    Right click, delete.
    which gets the poor guy nowhere!

Leave a comment:

• CheckSix
    replied
    You're quite handy with the digital darkroom Jeff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X