What's a bad angle here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a bad angle here?

Only recently started uploading my pictures at jetphotos.net, and my most common rejection reason seems to be badangle. I don't want to start a "xxx accepts this, why don't you" type question because it's your site and your perogative and I respect that. However it must be said that only jetphotos.net has considered my shots as bad angled. Wondered if there were any general criteria I should know about so that I don't waste your time by uploading bad angled shots.

Some of my rejections are deleted now so I can't use them as examples, but here are 2:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I know it's more of an underneath shot but is the angle really that bad?

Especially when this --> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=211786 was accepted and shot from exactly the same place!

I had another good example of one acceptance and then a similar angled shot rejection for badangle but the picture has gone from the rejected menu.

The other one (which, if anything, I'd have expected a bad quality rejection on because of the dismal weather) is http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=155717

I don't have a similar one accepted to contradict this, but I have seen many a shot from this angle before and wondered what is bad about it?

Again, I'm not criticising. Just interested in what constitutes a bad angle over here. I'm a bit puzzled.

Thanks in advance!

Well, we screeners all have our own tastes, (unfortunatley !) and sometimes we interpret the standards differentley. Personally, I think your 72' shot is not bad at all, and I would have accepted it, but another fellow screener may think differently. We are working towards a "roadmap" of some sorts to try and smooth out any discrepancies in each screener's interpretation of the standards, but with one key screener in the process of changing continents that has been put on hold so to speak!

Appeal that and I'm sure it will be accepted!

-Clovis

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the reply! I won't bother with an appeal on it - it's not like I'm desperate to have it accepted! I was just interested if there were criteria on angles here that I wasn't aware of. Reason for asking is that a lot of my pictures from EGSS are from that kind of angle, so I didn't want to waste your time uploading them all here if it isn't favoured. I guess it was just a one off though

Comment

Originally posted by egss
        Reason for asking is that a lot of my pictures from EGSS are from that kind of angle, so I didn't want to waste your time uploading them all here if it isn't favoured.
        Not everyone hates that type of angle. In my opinion, I like it

Comment

I really liked the first one, second one was alright, third one I could see why it was rejected. First one was really nice though.

Comment

Working...
          X