Clear All

• Greg
    replied
    I know what you meant.

I'm just being nitpicky about the tags.

Leave a comment:

• egll
    replied
    I meant it that way.....I was trying to give the impression that I was speaking my mind rather than declaring JetPhotos policy .

But thanks for noticing.

Matt

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    You got your tags backward Matt. :P

The slash goes before the words in the second tag.

Of course it's trivial.

Leave a comment:

• egll
    replied
    [/screener mode]

I can't believe that such a trivial matter has spawned such a load of garbage in this thread, here are some things that might be of use to a lot of people on these forums (I don't like to generalise but I really dont care at this point):

Screeners are human and will therefore make subjective judgements on a number of factors when considering a picture.

Not every airport is blessed with a variety of spots to shoot from.

Take pictures for yourself-if you insist on taking pictures with JetPhotos in mind then remember that pictures of KLM 737s taxiing to and from the new runway at AMS under cloudy skies are not interesting to most people.

Sometimes, and when you least expect it, life kicks you in the ass for no reason-and thats when you realise how petty all of this is.

When you move into your own place, get a job and your Mom and Dad stop paying for your stuff you realise how lucky you were.

And Kudos to Jeff for telling it like it is-too many people just don't understand that you only get out of life what you put in.

[screener mode]

Matt

Leave a comment:

• fallingeese
    replied
    I think you have to realise that Jeff doesn't sugar coat anything...and that is why we all like the guy

He'll give you the truth, and that is it.

Personally I hate the angle, it sucks.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    And in my opinion, it sounds like your whinning again.
    Again? When did he stop?

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by egss
    Have any of you actually visited Stansted recently? (Stansted has many good spots???) If so you may know of the problems there have been with police moving people on from certain areas around the approach. This seems to be about the only place they let you stand without much hassle. Furthermore, you can't get out to the side as much at this place. Round the other side of the approach (where they are moving people), you can get side on shots (plus it's better for sun), but I've been told to move too many times now that I don't want to risk upsetting them.
    Don't make excuses for the bad angles, it won't help your cause any. If you can't get a good shot, don't take it. And in my opinion, it sounds like your whinning again.

Oh, welcome. :P

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    I'm not kicking and screaming, I'm not upset (they are accepted elsewhere so I know it's just a difference in preference), and I certainly wouldn't go out and waste my spare time taking photos for free for a website!!

I don't want an argument with you. I've got my answer and now I'll leave. I was just pointing out from a "newbies" point of view that you were very cutting and unwelcoming.

Best regards
    Michael.
    About not being upset, you certainly had me fooled.

I can see where you're coming from with some people who have been here a while are assholes and should look at being a bit more tactful when offering advice. I'm convinced that some people need to put people down to feel better about themselves. We're not saying your pictures were bad, they could just be better. Everyone's could be better and there's nothing wrong with that. I think before you judge the few people that did jump on you uncecissarily, stick around a little longer and ignore the assholes and be a little bit less defensive. This board can be a pretty fun place to be.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    I gave you help, i told you to move around and not stay in one spot. I also said not to start the why was this accepted and this rejected crap. Besause it is crap, all it turst out to is childish bickering and your not going to gain anything. The second you complain about other accepted photos that is what you are doing. I'm still trying to find that "attitude" in the first post too.

Nobody is forcing you to upload anywhere, it's your choice. From viewing the database there are many decent spots at Stansted, the second you recieve a rejection for "bad angle" is pretty much a sign that it is not a good spot and you should go somewhere else for different shots. You can complain all you want about police, but I can assure you, with a nice little phone call to the airport police station you may be able to sort something out where they will allow you to stay at certian spots and not be asked to move on. A little communication works wonders, just a little more advice. Up to you if you want to take it.

Leave a comment:

• egss
    replied
    I don't want your respect. It's ok for you to keep coming back with little digs, but when I reply I'M the one carrying it on.

Like I've said, I only came here for help and yet you are still persisting in trying to argue with me.

I have no idea what gives you the impression that I'm taking pictures for this website?? When at any time did I say that? I've said it twice before and I'll say it one more time: I asked for advice on the angle because there was a clear inconsistency and I wanted to check it with a screener to see what the standards over here are (I'm new to jp.net as a whole really). I've now got my answer that jetphotos.net prefers more side on shots, and therefore I won't waste their time with any more of my shots. It's really that simple. I'm not kicking and screaming, I'm not upset (they are accepted elsewhere so I know it's just a difference in preference), and I certainly wouldn't go out and waste my spare time taking photos for free for a website!! Believe it or not I do it because I enjoy photography and love aviation. Which is (I'd guess) why most people stand out in the cold taking pictures of planes.

I don't want an argument with you. I've got my answer and now I'll leave. I was just pointing out from a "newbies" point of view that you were very cutting and unwelcoming.

Best regards
    Michael.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    So by giving some advice after saying something offensive, it negates the offensive part does it? There is such a thing as common courtesy and politeness. I didn't come on here shouting the odds and demanding that anything should be accepted. I asked for advice which is what the acceptance/rejection email tells you to do in this very forum.
    There's also a thing know an carrying on and whining. And your not gaining respect by doing it

EDIT: And to add to what Joe said, if you are only taking aviation photos to get them on this website, your in the hobby for the wrong reasons.

Leave a comment:

• cicadajet
    replied
    I can't really see that anything is wrong with the angle egss; and its certainly not that unusual or radical an angle anyway.

Nor are these examples, in my opinion, of unmotivated belly type shots.

But again, everyone has their own taste.. perhaps the JP house-style, as it develops, will prohibit this sort of angle (certainly there are some angles I'd prefer to never see again). Or maybe JP will accept them consistently.

Perhaps as Clovis indicated, some more time is needed one way or another.

- Tom

Leave a comment:

• egss
    replied
    So by giving some advice after saying something offensive, it negates the offensive part does it? There is such a thing as common courtesy and politeness. I didn't come on here shouting the odds and demanding that anything should be accepted. I asked for advice which is what the acceptance/rejection email tells you to do in this very forum.

I merely pointed out that I was confused because I had one acceptance and one rejection from the same angle (yes it is exactly the same angle on the same day at a similar time - the crop doesn't change that fact), so wanted to ask what an acceptable answer is now. Clovis has admitted that it should have been rejected too which answers my question - it's a bad angle full stop and the screening acceptance was an error. I've asked for it to be removed from the database.

Did YOU read MY whole post? By accusing me of starting crap when I'm doing what the rejection email tells me to do, and wording it politely and asking for help, I don't think I was starting any crap.

Like I said, I'm sorry I bothered if this is the way you get responded to here.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    SWA733Captain and JeffinDEN, what's with your attitudes?
    Attitude...

Did you actually read my entire post, or just the first sentance?

Have any of you actually visited Stansted recently? (Stansted has many good spots???)
    So that's why out of all there recent photos taken from Stansted on this site, you have the only shots from that spot?

Leave a comment:

• egss
    replied
    Have any of you actually visited Stansted recently? (Stansted has many good spots???) If so you may know of the problems there have been with police moving people on from certain areas around the approach. This seems to be about the only place they let you stand without much hassle. Furthermore, you can't get out to the side as much at this place. Round the other side of the approach (where they are moving people), you can get side on shots (plus it's better for sun), but I've been told to move too many times now that I don't want to risk upsetting them

SWA733Captain and JeffinDEN, what's with your attitudes? I asked a polite question and said that I'm not whinging and are just asking because that RYR and MON shot were exact same angle. There's no need to tell me not to start this crap and to quit whining because noone wants to hear it. Is this how you greet all new members of the forum? You reflect well on the jp.net community....no really you do I thought this was supposed to be a forum section for advice. While I'm all up for constructive criticism, these kind of comments are just nasty. I'm sorry I asked.

Clovis - I assume you mean you screened and accepted the Ryanair 738 when in fact it should have been badangle and not the MON A321? The MON was rejected not the RYR. Please feel free to remove the Ryanair from your database if it should have been rejected,

As for these type of shots being shunned elsewhere. I think you'll find that's incorrect...it's just jetphotos that call them badangle.

Again, sorry for even asking - I won't do it again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X