• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP is acting like A.net?

A

Re: JP is acting like A.net?

Originally posted by thunderchief
    My conclusion from this all, that I quit uploading pictures to JP.
    Well we're all sorry you feel that way, but I gotta agree with they screener, they indeed are soft. Just sharpen them up a little bit and they're good to go.

Comment

Re: JP is acting like A.net?

I think these are not soft and sharp enough for JP. It looks like JP has increased the quality criterion for pictures.
      They have already said that was the case. Why don't you just go with the flow and sharpen the damn things? Seems easier then writing these posts...

MyAviation.net will take them...

Comment

If you quit now your photos will always stay the same. I.E. they won't get better. Who are you taking pictures for, jetphotos.net or yourself?

I take photos for myself, and my standards happen to be higher than those at jetphotos...I only wish everyone would work the same way...

-Clovis

Comment

Again two rejections, reason soft...
          ...I think these are not soft and sharp enough for JP...
          Andries,

They aren't bad photos, the screeners are simply telling you that there is still some room to improve them in post-processing. A bit more time spent working on them and I am sure they would be accepted. For example the Turkish shot is not only a bit soft but is also unlevel if we are to assume that the lighting masts in the shot are vertical. You have taken the shot with them leaning to the right. This is a relatively easy fix. In the same shot the grass in the foreground appears rather undefined. This could be a depth of field issue or could be from using a filtering program like Neat Image to remove grain from the shot and simply applying too much filtering. Don't think that the screeners here are being overly critical, you just need to readjust your own thinking and become a bit more critical of your own shots before uploading them. Everyone goes through that when they first begin uploading here or at other sites.

It's true that the standards here have increased over time. Take a look at almost any ot the first 100 shots accepted here and you will find some reason why they would be rejected if uploaded today, many of them for being unlevel. But I do not think that this site has become too tight in it's standards, only that the screeners want to see you get the most from the photos that you do submit.

So that you can compare I reworked your Turkish shot and here is what I came up with:

Don't give up, just keep working on your technique, you will come out of it a better photographer in the end.

Comment

Rejections aren't made to make you feel bad, just to help you become a better photographer.

If I had quit taking pictures because I had got rejections I wouldn't have any pictures here.

Comment

Thanks Freightdogg,

Thats what its all about-hoping that uploaders will see that a rejection can also be a positive thing-why show your work when its not at its best?

Matt
              My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Never, never, never give up.

-Winston Churchill

Its been said time and time again. I just like to repeat things .
                CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  Rejections aren't made to make you feel bad, just to help you become a better photographer.

If I had quit taking pictures because I had got rejections I wouldn't have any pictures here.

So true Greg! I remember when you and Joe were vying for the title of JP.net rejection champion. Now, about a year later, you both have some really nice shots posted. I always enjoy seeing new people grow in this hobby, especially the younger ones. Teens are often guilty of taking any kind of rejection personally. It's great to see when someone coming up through the ranks learns from those rejections and progresses as a result. When I was flight instructing I would see the same sort of thing happen. Some people would get discouraged and quit (thankfully not many) and some would learn and move forward.

For those having trouble with rejections always remember that it's okay to ask for opinions or help.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightdogg
                    For those having trouble with rejections always remember that it's okay to ask for opinions or help.
                    Exactly. I think we have a few members that feel the need to make themselves feel better by saying "oh, that looks like crap" rather than really giving the why and how to fix it. There's nothing wrong with asking for help or opinions on things. But keep in mind that whining doesn't get you anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      There's nothing wrong with asking for help or opinions on things. But keep in mind that whining doesn't get you anywhere.
                      ...and that not every picture can be "fixed"....

Comment

Not fixed in photo shop, but it doesn't hurt to tell them how to avoid those results while actually taking the picture, rather than saying *delete*. That helps them not one bit.

Comment

If this was Anet this thread would have turned out very differently, thanks to everyone for their positive input on this-makes me glad to be a part of this site

Matt
                          My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by egll
                            If this was Anet this thread would have turned out very differently, thanks to everyone for their positive input on this-makes me glad to be a part of this site

Matt
                            *que mushy music*

Honestly, this site kicks a.nets ass. Yeah, they may have more pictures, but for the most part we have better members.

Comment

Hey Andries,
                              Good to see you will continue uploading
                              I really appreciate those "older" pictures of yours. It reminds me of the old days when I used to go to the airport as a 13 year old kid, and later as an employee. I really regret the fact I never brougt any camera with me
                              I agree with every word said in this thread, just keep it up mate

Groetjes,
                              GreenBaron

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=3825

Comment

Working...
                              X