Recommendations for Photo Editor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Photo Editor...

I've been looking at getting a image editor and I'm not quite sure which one to get. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. I like Photoshop Elements but they say its a steep learning curve and the closest to photo editing I've done is in Microsoft Picture It. JASC and Ulead are the two others that I've looked at. They seem to have a messy interface however. Any recommendations? Thank you kindly.
    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Anything Photoshop is good in my book.

Comment

photoshop
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Whatever image editor you acquire will have a learning period if it is a good quality editor with a lot of features. Photoshop is excellent, but if you don't want to invest that much yet then Photoshop Elements is a cost effective compromise as it offers most of the features you would need for normal photo editing prior to uploading to sites like this. Don't be put off by the learning curve, just get an editor and begin practicing with it.

Comment

I've used 2 main programs over my time here. JASC PSP 7 and Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 (which came with my new camera)

I have used both for cropping, resizing and sharpening images.

From my experiences uploading since I started using Elements 2.0 I've had less rejections. This may be luck or it may be that the sharpen/resize algorithms are better?

I should also say that I haven't tried PSP8
          My Photos

Comment

Elements does more than most people here will ever do, and for only around 70$. I use it, and, after having used PS7, i can say Elements is just fine for almost anything to be done here.

-Clovis

Comment

Elements it is. Just heading out to order online.
              CheckSix

Comment

Too late to mention the GIMP? ... it's free...
                I dropped Elements and went back to the GIMP.

Gerry

Comment

Nope not to late . I'll take a look at GIMP. Thanks Gerry.
                  CheckSix

Comment

Photoshop Elements is actually VERY easy to master. It takes a lot of the more complicated things PS 7.0 does and, more or less, automates them. Element doesn't have the Healing tool, nor Curves, and although masks are still possible in Elements, they are done differently.

PSE 2.0 is more than you'll need for digital photo editing (at least for the purpose of color correction and cropping) and is well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X