Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm New and just got a new digital camera. Advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm New and just got a new digital camera. Advice needed!

Hello i'm new here but have visited this site as well as airliners.net every day since...well, ever.

Anyway, i just bought a Nikon Coolpix 4300 and i will go planespotting at Detroit/Metro tomorrow and i need to know what the best resolution would be to go planespotting. My cam goes all the way up to 2272. Should i use the highest resolution for the shots or a more normal one like 1600?

Thanks, Tobias.

Use the largest resolution possible!

Comment

Allright, thanks alot.

Comment

My philosophy is always shoot at the highest resolution possible unless your thousands of miles away from your computer or a mobile hard disk that you can put your pictures on.
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

If your going to shoot jpeg.... just make sure it is on FINE. Size does not matter as much as resolution. If you want prints, shoot medium at least for up to 8x10" prints. Large if you want anything larger.

As long as FINE is selected, and you are going to resize down to 1024xXXX, your just waisting space shooting at maxium file size with a 6mp camera. Some smaller camera users will want to shoot larger files to prevent having to "up-size" the original.

Comment

Re-sizing the picture

I am very new to digital photography, and this is my first time to participate in this forum. I have 2 questions:

1.) Could anybody tell me how to re-size the picture? I usually shoot using 1280 x 960 but the maximum size accepted is only 1024 max. I cannot figure it out how to re-size it.

2. I am considering to buy a new digital camera. Is Fuji Finepix S3000 OK? it a 3MP camera with 6x optical zoom. Based on the reviews I read, this camera is OK, the only thing that I do not like is the movie mode has no sound (though I really do not need the sound for aviation photography). any comments please? Can you recommend any other camera? Is a camera with a 3X optical zoom enough for aviation photography?

Hope to find aswers here.

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
            CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW MY CONTRIBUTIONS AT JETPHOTOS.NET:

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=6799

Comment

Depending on what program you use, re-sizing is usually done by selecting IMAGE SIZE from one of the editing drop downs.

your not going to get much with 3x optical unless you can walk up to the plane.

Comment

I'm New and just got a new digital camera. Advice needed!

well, most cameras from Olympus are very good, many come with a very good zoom (10x), plus the sensors are very high quality (check Clovis' Heathrow AirNZ 747pic). I have th Olympus C750UZ (10x zoom, 4 mp), suits all my needs, plus you can buy teleconversion lens. I havnt heard anything bad about the Canon 300D its expensive, but it is very high quality, its a SLR, opposed to the C750 which isnt, check them out just search on google

Many programmes have resize, Photoshop, usually there is a resize, others you select and do it manually

Hope this helps
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I just started photography, pretty new to it. My nick is CZ659, you can see some of my photos in jetphotos.net. Initially I had a lot of rejections and somehow I managed to figure out what's my errors. I hope to learn more from the experienced photographers over here.
                  Nothing beats the feeling of flying.

My plane photos in Jetphotos.net

Comment

Airbus330Fan

im looking foward to seeing your pics. Once you have the Basics of Photography, it becomes a really awarding hobby. Its good to see you fixing your rejections, (i can remember when 9 out of 10 of my shots were rejected), but its amazing how much better photographer you can become from them. If you have any special enquiries, search to see if its been brung up or just ask.

Welcome to JP
                    Sam Rudge
                    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                    X