This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crazy764
    What I don't get is, if you don't want to help someone, why do you need to reply, tell them they are stupid and make them feel bad? Why not just ignore the 'dumb' question and let someone who's willing to answer, answer?
    Feel bad...moi? Not hardly.

Good point though Crazy764.

Scott
    "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
    doubt."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
      Ted, blow it out your ass. O.k.? Now that I have that out of the way...

No, 23 years ago, I learned photography manually. No autofocus, auto exposure, digital crap. It is like Clovis said, this isn't photography 101. And I think he made that perfectly clear, and is dead on with that assesment.

welcome.
      Yeah, you're a tough guy.....

So, you learned when Eastman Kodak was a penny stock. Who frickin' cares. Who are you anyway? You're not a moderator. Even if you were it doesn't give you Cart Blanc to treat people like crap. Scott wasn't asking YOU personally. He was asking ANYBODY to answer his question, and wasn't asking for your SH!T.

Now that I got you outta the way.......

Comment

Welcome to the forum Hawkeyeted.

Don't get the wrong idea about this forum,there are plenty of nice people who don't mind taking a minute to help out someone.Even Jeff has helped many people (including myself) before.I don't know what rubbed him the wrong way about this post.

Scott
        "It's better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open it and remove all
        doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by BWI Scott
          Welcome to the forum Hawkeyeted.

Don't get the wrong idea about this forum,there are plenty of nice people who don't mind taking a minute to help out someone.Even Jeff has helped many people (including myself) before.I don't know what rubbed him the wrong way about this post.

Scott
          No worry's friend. I know he'll never "help" me.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyeted
            Yeah, you're a tough guy.....

So, you learned when Eastman Kodak was a penny stock. Who frickin' cares. Who are you anyway? You're not a moderator. Even if you were it doesn't give you Cart Blanc to treat people like crap. Scott wasn't asking YOU personally. He was asking ANYBODY to answer his question, and wasn't asking for your SH!T.

Now that I got you outta the way.......

:P this is going to be fun.....

Comment

And what right do you have to tell Jeff he can't answer? This is a public forum, and he can say what he wants. If Scott doesn't like it, he can ignore it.

Free speech goes both ways champ.

-Clovis

Comment

What I don't get is, if you don't want to help someone, why do you need to reply, tell them they are stupid and make them feel bad? Why not just ignore the 'dumb' question and let someone who's willing to answer, answer?
                When did I call ANYONE stupid? I simply said maybe he could try to learn something ON HIS OWN for once instead of coming here and expecting a freebie answer from one of us.

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeyeted
                  And, it may not be "your job" to teach anything. But, the question begs; why exactly are you a moderator if your going to kick people in the b@lls when they ask a question? I would figure that a moderator does just that...moderates...and prevents others from the same. Your "job" is to mentor people, not belittle them. If they guy is asking the question in the wrong forum, just say so, and point him in the right direction.

The same goes for you JeffinDEN:

"still "point and shoot" mode.... when you can shoot in full manual, exposure and focus, then your doing something..... "

So what if you can do it all....manually. Pardon me for not falling out of my chair in awe of your photographic expertise. I bet you didn't start that way. I'll bet you shot in FULL AUTO at some point in time too, and asked the same "stupid f*king question".
                  Uhhh....Hawkeye for president? I agree, some of the more 'senior' (and that has nothing to do with age) members of this forum feel it is necissary to make themselves feel better by putting down other members. Honestly, get off your f***ing high horse and help those who ask. While you may both be excellent photographers, both seem to come accross as assholes most of the time.

Comment

That may be your perspective Emu, and your welcome to it. But, there are reasons for the way people (myself included) do things that are beyond your grasp at this point in time.

Don't be so quick to judge, and the picture may become clearer. If I had a nickle for every question you guys ask, but could answer yourself with a little work, I would be on a yacht tied up at Key West.

Comment

Don't be so quick to judge, and the picture may become clearer.
                      I'd ask how to make the picture clearer,...but thats how this whole thing started

This is certainly the most popular topic I've ever started,it's a shame really.

Scott
                      doubt."

Comment

If I had a nickle for every question you guys ask, but could answer yourself with a little work, I would be on a yacht tied up at Key West.
                        But you're not being paid, and you're not obliged to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          ...And what right do you have to tell Jeff he can't answer? This is a public forum, and he can say what he wants. If Scott doesn't like it, he can ignore it.

-Clovis
                          Clovis, I didn't say he can't answer. You're right, it is a public forum. And as such, people come here for answers, not ridicule. I simply said if he can't be nice about it and offer an answer, he shouldn't answer. It's as simple as that, right Champ? Besides, you're the Moderator. You represent the leadership and ownership of this website and should NEVER vent your frustrations on your customers, no matter how dumb they may be to you.

Jeff and I have made our peace privately. Can everyone here act like adults now? Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                            ...And what right do you have to tell Jeff he can't answer? This is a public forum, and he can say what he wants. If Scott doesn't like it, he can ignore it.

-Clovis
                            Clovis, I didn't say he can't answer. You're right, it is a public forum. And as such, people come here for answers, not ridicule. I simply said if he can't be nice about it and offer an answer, he shouldn't answer. It's as simple as that, right Champ? Besides Clovis, you're the Moderator. You represent the leadership and ownership of this website. You should NEVER vent your frustrations on your customers, no matter how dumb they may be to you.

Jeff and I have made our peace privately. Can everyone here act like adults now? Sheesh!

Comment

That may be your perspective Emu, and your welcome to it. But, there are reasons for the way people (myself included) do things that are beyond your grasp at this point in time.
                              I can't really think of a reason that justifies being an asshole....can you?

Comment

Originally posted by BWI Scott
                                I'd ask how to make the picture clearer,...but thats how this whole thing started

This is certainly the most popular topic I've ever started,it's a shame really.

Scott
                                I apologise Scott. I'll give you a rain check, O.K.?

Comment

Working...
                                X