X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftseat86
    replied
    That's not opinion. That's ridicule and arrogance.
    And that there would be your opinion. But I am done arguing. I will try to be more proper when making comments next time around, as a few here seem to take offense quite quickly.

-Clovis

*As of now I am locking this topic, as I think it really is just heading the wrong way. BWIScott, if you have more questions regarding your photos, feel free to post them.*

Leave a comment:

• BWI Scott
    replied
    Thanks Emu, I will also look for it.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• G-MIDY
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    Anyway, getting back on topic, for those of us who are a bit new to digital photography, I highly reccomend the book The Complete Guide to Digital Photography by Michael Freeman. It talks about everything from Cameras to edititing techniques. I've been working my way through it, a lot of information though, probably going to be one of those books I have to read a couple times to get everything.
    Will look out for that on Ebay.

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Anyway, getting back on topic, for those of us who are a bit new to digital photography, I highly reccomend the book The Complete Guide to Digital Photography by Michael Freeman. It talks about everything from Cameras to edititing techniques. I've been working my way through it, a lot of information though, probably going to be one of those books I have to read a couple times to get everything.

Leave a comment:

• G-MIDY
    replied
    Its not arrogance have you seen Clovis's pics..the words jealous and enviable come to mind.

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyeted
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    I can't see where I vented any of my frustrations. I simply offered an opinion, that maybe he could try to learn concepts of exposure and metering to understand WHY this was happening to his photos.
    Opinion?

Previous quotes from Clovis:

"Is it really our job to teach you everything about basic photography?
    Public Library->Photography->Checkout->read."

"This is stuff you could learn through reading just the first few pages of any book on photography."

"This is the Digital Photo Processing forum... not the "Learn all about photography here" forum. We give tips and help on improving post-processing (i.e. AFTER the photo was taken)."
    That's not opinion. That's ridicule and arrogance.

Leave a comment:

• BWI Scott
    replied
    No hard feelings.

Like I said before,I don't expect anyone on here to teach me photography.All I wanted was a point in the right direction.Since my photo interests are aviation related,I figured that experienced aviation photographers would be the best place for help.

We are all interested in the same thing here,can't we all just get along

Scott

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Instant gratification.

That is what they want Clovis....that is the easy way. Hell, it's not like anyone is burning film learning to do this.....

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    You should NEVER vent your frustrations on your customers, no matter how dumb they may be to you.
    I can't see where I vented any of my frustrations. I simply offered an opinion, that maybe he could try to learn concepts of exposure and metering to understand WHY this was happening to his photos.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    Uhm...that took 4 pages...

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    If I am wrong, I will be the first to admit it.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy764
    replied
    Jeff apologized?

faint... :P

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by BWI Scott
    I'd ask how to make the picture clearer,...but thats how this whole thing started

This is certainly the most popular topic I've ever started,it's a shame really.

Scott
    I apologise Scott. I'll give you a rain check, O.K.?

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    That may be your perspective Emu, and your welcome to it. But, there are reasons for the way people (myself included) do things that are beyond your grasp at this point in time.
    I can't really think of a reason that justifies being an asshole....can you?

Leave a comment:

• hawkeyeted
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    ...And what right do you have to tell Jeff he can't answer? This is a public forum, and he can say what he wants. If Scott doesn't like it, he can ignore it.

Free speech goes both ways champ.

-Clovis
    Clovis, I didn't say he can't answer. You're right, it is a public forum. And as such, people come here for answers, not ridicule. I simply said if he can't be nice about it and offer an answer, he shouldn't answer. It's as simple as that, right Champ? Besides Clovis, you're the Moderator. You represent the leadership and ownership of this website. You should NEVER vent your frustrations on your customers, no matter how dumb they may be to you.

Jeff and I have made our peace privately. Can everyone here act like adults now? Sheesh!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X