Help with rejection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rejection...

This was rejected because of overexposure. Is repairing possible?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject.php?id=194251

You can try darkening it up, but the white and Continental titles will still look pretty washed out. But it's worth a shot.

Comment

my try...as you can see, i'm not great with PSP.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Bernado, as this photo was taken at quite a distance from the subject there is also a considerable amount of heat distortion and grain that I doubt you will be able to repair.

Comment

I have another shot of that Continental a/c.. is this one better (I've darkened it already)

The one I would upload is larger (1024x76 than this one. I reduced the picture to keep the forum layout.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
            Bernado, as this photo was taken at quite a distance from the subject there is also a considerable amount of heat distortion and grain that I doubt you will be able to repair.
            AJ any suggestions with my next pictures? (Getting closer doesn't count )

Comment

Bernado, when we first see a photo a few things jump straight out, in you second photo the first is that the tower in the background is not vertical (easily repairable). Shots taken with the subject too far away often suffer exposure problems, especially if you are using an auto function on your camera. This can often be repaired too. The problem of heat distortion can really only be remedied by shooting at cooler times (dawn/dusk), that is if you cannot get closer to the subject.

I know this is not what you want to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                Bernado, when we first see a photo a few things jump straight out, in you second photo the first is that the tower in the background is not vertical (easily repairable). Shots taken with the subject too far away often suffer exposure problems, especially if you are using an auto function on your camera. This can often be repaired too. The problem of heat distortion can really only be remedied by shooting at cooler times (dawn/dusk), that is if you cannot get closer to the subject.

I know this is not what you want to hear!
                Well CO's schedule doesn't help.... This one was taken at about noon (the arrival is at 11:55am) but the departure is only at night and the terminal 1 departures are hard to be seen...

But if I fix the horizon on the second one is it worth uploading?

Comment

I'd need to see it in 1024x768 to know mate! When you look at it can you see distortion of the aircraft's lines?

Comment

Level horizon, cropped closer and tidied up it has potential, however too much processing will destroy the photo...it's a fine line!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                      I'd need to see it in 1024x768 to know mate! When you look at it can you see distortion of the aircraft's lines?
                      No.....

Here it is...

What do you think?

It's compressed to post here

Comment

Originally posted by AJ
                        Level horizon, cropped closer and tidied up it has potential, however too much processing will destroy the photo...it's a fine line!
                        What did you do there ? Auto levels? It looks better....

Comment

Bernado, in all honesty I think we are flogging a dead horse.

The photo needs to be cropped closer to the aircraft, compression is becoming excessive (pixelating around the aircraft's windows)and it is still too bright. If you take your shots at a size larger than 1024x768 it will give you more flexibility to crop whilst still retaining quality.

Sorry mate.

Comment

But actually I do I take them at 2048 x 1536! It's just that my optical zoom doesn't help

Ok... this CO is dead (better luck next time...) but just one final question... is this LAN worth?

Comment

Here's what I could do with them:

Will F.
                              Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X