UA Retiring 762s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA Retiring 762s?

Today on FlyerTalk's chat (which as far as I know is not archived) someone claimed that in may UA will be retiring all their 762s and that they will replace them with international-configuration 763s on the JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO runs (only runs that I know of where 762s are used).

The new UA timetable does seem to show some (most) JFK-SFO flights changing to 763 from April 4 or May 4 but then changing back to 762 from June 3 - including UA 3 which is now a 763. No JFK-LAX seem to be changing to 763.

I wonder then, if they're not getting rid of the 762 (and they can't be, if they plan on actually replacing 763 transcons with 762s in June), why will they be changing to 763s in the next few months?

If UA did decide to go for all 763s on JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO these aircraft (configured with current international seats, including PTVs) would surely have an edge over AA's 762s (about which I don't know too much, but they look a bit nicer than UA's 762s).

Anyhow just wondering if anyone here knows about this.

PS: I saw a UA 777 at JFK today in new colors. To me surprise I rather liked it. Sitting next to a Jetblue aircraft, it doesn't look as much like Jetblue's livery as it does in the photos. The tail is especially great. I still think they could have gone for something more imaginative though and the three colors of blue stripes will take a tad of getting used to.
Working...
X