Delta Advances China Flight Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Advances China Flight Suspension

Delta air lines has moved its timetable to suspend flying to China. Originally as announced, US-China flights on Delta would cease February 6th 2020. But, due to the new Health and Human service requirements, Delta has moved its time table to tomorrow February 2nd. The last China bound flights will depart today, the 1st, with the last aircraft departing from China to the US tomorrow the 2nd. Delta is currently expecting the China flying to remain suspend until at least April 30th. This suspension is only for China and will not impact any of Deltas other Asia flying.

Originally posted by mtrainer90 View Post
    [...]
    Delta air lines has moved its timetable to suspend flying to China. Originally as announced, US-China flights on Delta would cease February 6th 2020. But, due to the new Health and Human service requirements, Delta has moved its time table to tomorrow February 2nd. The last China bound flights will depart today, the 1st, with the last aircraft departing from China to the US tomorrow the 2nd. Delta is currently expecting the China flying to remain suspend until at least April 30th. This suspension is only for China and will not impact any of Deltas other Asia flying.
    Hm. And I thought that two rather well known International Airlines within the Star Alliance are the only ones who have such an info on top of their website. I had United Airlines and Lufthansa on my mind, who both provide info about flights to China. But at 'our colleagues' of UAL, the whole thing still reads a little bit different:

By Presidential Proclamation, travel restrictions are in place for travelers who have visited the People’s Republic of China or the Islamic Republic of Iran in the past 14 days. Customers who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents will be subject to additional restrictions and health screenings on arrival to the United States. Non-U.S. citizens who have visited mainland China or Iran in the past 14 days will not be allowed to enter the United States.
    [Only a very short excerpt from what I found on top of the United website] Well, that seems to be quite interesting, not only for UAL passengers!

I slowly start to wonder where these Presidential travel restrictions will end. Since.. let's say 30 years, I know UAL as an International Airline.

But what will be left of it when all the future travel restrictions are in place?
    That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Its better to be not known as the International Airline who helped infect thousands of people than the International airline who kept flying wherever it wanted because it made Hans in Dusseldorf look at them as less of an international airline than before, and yes I am being a bad guy using a stereotyped German name. Hell, I am even half German myself. My great grandpa was born in Hamburg. And if that isn't what your are implying then there needs to be a presidential decree on having a committee of the greatest minds figuring out what LH-B744 means. Even they would be baffled and left speechless.

Comment

Hm. I will avoid two things right now. First of all, was there anybody, writing something, since I was here the last time? I don't think so, thus, no need to quote one word.

The second thing is, Ich weiß mit wem ich hier am liebsten ein Hühnchen rupfe. That position is not vacant, I'm sorry. So, no need to alter that list of 'best opponent' jetphotos members.

Back on topic. I don't say that concerning a flu nobody should be cautious. But at least here in Germany, that thing has developed its own amount of paranoia. People do buy 5 breads instead of 1, and the same seems to be true for fresh milk,
        mtrainer, don't ask me why,
        noodles, and toilet paper.

That's a completely exaggerated behaviour here in my country. And I like to say two sentences for the people in Germany, in our language.
        Leute, was erwartet Ihr, dass uns morgen der Himmel auf den Kopf fällt? Ich bin neuerdings 42 Jahre alt, und ich kann sagen, nein, seit 1978 ist mir der Himmel noch nicht auf den Kopf gefallen (sonst wäre ich vermutlich nicht hier), und übrigens,
        zu viele Nachrichten machen schlechte Laune!

Back to normal, that's what I like to see. Switch off the TV for one week, and then let's see if we are still alive. I'd very strongly assume, Yes.

PS: Especially and almost only for this topic, I have found out that only in Germany and only in the year 2019, more than 3,000 people died in the German road traffic. That's a number which in my eyes is not acceptable at all, only for a comparison.

And now let's cure our flu, if we really have one.

Comment

Oh, superb. The forum just told me that there is a technical error. It did not tell me that my post has been published, nevertheless.

I think that I can handle technical errors. Either I try to fix it, or .. I wait until it has vanished. Nothing seems to have been seriously damaged.

That seems to be a standard procedure in aviation: wait until the false alarm has vanished. Which in my eyes, is a quite perfect procedure, not only in aviation.

Comment

Working...
          X