Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATSB Rejects United’s Loan Request, Bankruptcy Certain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATSB Rejects United’s Loan Request, Bankruptcy Certain.

CNN just reported that the ATSB has voted down 2 to 1 UAL’s request for a loan guarantee. This is truly devastating for United, I’m certain Chap 11 is only hours away. Even with Chap 11 protection, it's going to real tough to pull through. Over the next few weeks your going to see UAL sell off lucrative routes and close at least two hubs. My guess LHR to Continental or Delta and the LAX hub and IAD will be dehubed.

Actually,

You all may get angry with me but Im glad the government rejected their loan..It shows that the govenment is unbiased from big airline to little airline like United vs. National or Vanguard.

I think ist a good move on their part.
    The big airlines have goten them selves into their own piles of **** and they are asking the govt to help them out....bull crap...Thhe airleisn all of them had problems before 9/11 and they are just using it as a crutch....
    If United fails then so be it.....Our govt never baile dout PAN AM, TWA Braniff #1, or any other airleisn that has shut down why should they start with United????
    Call me bitter but then thats just how I feel anymore....

[img]laff.gif[/img] [img]evil.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree... no point in keeping UAL at all. Loans would only delay the problem. Just let them go, it will be better for everyone. I do however feel sorry for all those 'regular folk' (e.g. ticket agents, ramp) who will lose their jobs. As for management, they already milked it for all its worth. Whatta shame. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Good. There is no other company on the face of the earth more deserving of bankruptcy than United Airlines. I know first hand just how poorly this airline is run as I had the great displeasure of working for them.
        JR FlyingTexan

Comment

I agree- the airlines should be allowed to sink or swim on their own. What I find intersting is there is little to nothing about this on the United Website- only a little blurb saying how they are going to keep their same standards of service, but there is no mention of the ATSB rejection. However, there is a contest advertised where you can win free first-class airfare. I entered with some fairly sarcastic thoughts running through my head I will admit... [img]evil2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X