Trump has banned flights to and from Europe for 30 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump has banned flights to and from Europe for 30 days

Thousands of people are now left stranded trying to get home from work trips and/or vacations. I know a few close friends that are currently trying to get home. Was this a good idea for Trump to do this? Would love some answers! Thanks guys!

My understanding is that he did not ban flights to and from Europe.

What he did was ban entry to the US to persons that were in Europe (except the UK) in the 14 days previous to the arrival, except US citizens, legal residents and direct family members of those, all of whom are exempt from the ban but must endure a 14-day mandatory quarantine upon arrival.

Anybody is free to go from the US to Europe.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Oh! Thats weird because all of the flights out of my home airport that go to Europe are not leaving for a while. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Now Argentina did ban for 30 days all scheduled flights arriving from USA, Europe, China, Iran, Japan and South Korea.

The funny thing is that there are no scheduled flights to Argentina from China, Iran, Japan and South Korea, only from USA and Europe (and Latin America and the Caribbean, but those are not banned).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by jspurg15 View Post
          Oh! Thats weird because all of the flights out of my home airport that go to Europe are not leaving for a while. Thanks for the input!
          Which is your home airport?

The crisis is hitting the airlines very hard even before the restrictions imposed. And with those restrictions the number of pax between Europe and the US will be reduced to a minimum.
          I expect only a small number of flights will remain between the USA and Europe and only between the largest cities.

Comment

His profile says Portland, OR, so PDX. Which doesn't have a high amount of European flights. Plus Portland is not far from one of the main/largest outbreaks in the US in the Seattle area. And most of the PDX Europe flights are only seasonal also. So if they don't find it economically viable to do all year anyway, then those too would be some of the first to feel the economic downturn in ticket sales since the demand isn't too high to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              My understanding is that he did not ban flights to and from Europe.

What he did was ban entry to the US to persons that were in Europe (except the UK) in the 14 days previous to the arrival, except US citizens, legal residents and direct family members of those, all of whom are exempt from the ban but must endure a 14-day mandatory quarantine upon arrival.

Anybody is free to go from the US to Europe.
              The UK has now been included in the flight ban. The Europeans were'nt going to allow the Brits to have something that they cannot have. !!!
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

The UK has now been included in the flight ban. The Europeans were'nt going to allow the Brits to have something that they cannot have. !!!
                Yes, looking at the news from the UK, I'm pretty sure it's the Continent's fault...

And a small off topic, but still concerning covid:

Polish authorithies banned all of international passenger flights (including general aviation) arriving polish airports for 14 days, starting from last midnight. There are still some flights bringing Poles back home, and some flights taking back foreigners back to their homes. Domestic flights are allowed, but LOT and Ryanair decided to suspend those flights for 10 days. Cargo flights are excluded from ban. International passenger trains are banned. Land border checks are in use. All of polish citizens arriving Poland are obligaded to stay at home quarantine for 14 days. Quarantine is inforced by the police, they're checking if you are at home, and if you won't be at home, you'll be fined the equivalent of around 1200€. Foreigners aren't allowed to enter Poland. Shopping malls are closed, excludining grocery supermarkets, pharmacies, drugstores and laundries. Restaurants are also partly closed, you can only order food to go or with a delivery. All of the public events gathering more than 50 people are forbidden, includning masses in churches. All schools, kindergardens and universities are closed.

Comment

Working...
                X