Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus: Emirates to suspend all passenger flights until further notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus: Emirates to suspend all passenger flights until further notice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ETt6EgzXkAcjE_q?format=jpg.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	1084871 (Tamara Abueish, Al Arabiya EnglishSunday 22 March 2020)

Emirates Airline announced on Sunday it will be suspending all passenger flights starting from March 25, in an effort to combat the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

“Today we made the decision to temporarily suspend all passenger flights by 25 March 2020. SkyCargo operations will continue. This painful but pragmatic move will help Emirates Group preserve business viability and secure jobs worldwide, avoiding cuts,” the airline announced in a statement.

The UAE has reported 153 cases of coronavirus in the country, and two deaths as a result of the virus.

“The world has literally gone into quarantine due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is an unprecedented crisis situation in terms of breadth and scale: geographically, as well as from a health, social, and economic standpoint,” Chairman and CEO of Emirates Group Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum.

Emirates, which is one of the biggest airlines in the world, can no longer operate passenger services until countries re-open their borders and people feel safe traveling, he added.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...r-flights.html

While I'm reading this, I'm remembering that yesterday some brazilian spotters were in the region of the GRU AIrport (SBGR), mainly to photograph the Airbus A380, reg. A6-EOL, which had never been here. People putting other people in risk just to photograph a special livery never seen in our country.

I think it's good to cancel flights to Brazil as well to some other countries. Minimize possible imported (and exported) transmission cases, as well as some spotters will settle their asses at home.

For now, I don't want to imagine what will become of commercial aviation after this COVID-19 pandemic.

Comment

Working...
    X