Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus: Emirates to suspend all passenger flights until further notice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus: Emirates to suspend all passenger flights until further notice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ETt6EgzXkAcjE_q?format=jpg.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	1084871 (Tamara Abueish, Al Arabiya EnglishSunday 22 March 2020)

Emirates Airline announced on Sunday it will be suspending all passenger flights starting from March 25, in an effort to combat the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

“Today we made the decision to temporarily suspend all passenger flights by 25 March 2020. SkyCargo operations will continue. This painful but pragmatic move will help Emirates Group preserve business viability and secure jobs worldwide, avoiding cuts,” the airline announced in a statement.

The UAE has reported 153 cases of coronavirus in the country, and two deaths as a result of the virus.

“The world has literally gone into quarantine due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This is an unprecedented crisis situation in terms of breadth and scale: geographically, as well as from a health, social, and economic standpoint,” Chairman and CEO of Emirates Group Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum.

Emirates, which is one of the biggest airlines in the world, can no longer operate passenger services until countries re-open their borders and people feel safe traveling, he added.

https://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...r-flights.html

While I'm reading this, I'm remembering that yesterday some brazilian spotters were in the region of the GRU AIrport (SBGR), mainly to photograph the Airbus A380, reg. A6-EOL, which had never been here. People putting other people in risk just to photograph a special livery never seen in our country.

I think it's good to cancel flights to Brazil as well to some other countries. Minimize possible imported (and exported) transmission cases, as well as some spotters will settle their asses at home.

For now, I don't want to imagine what will become of commercial aviation after this COVID-19 pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by ErezS View Post
      [...]

Today we made the decision to temporarily suspend all passenger flights by 25 March 2020. SkyCargo operations will continue. This painful but pragmatic move will help Emirates Group preserve business viability and secure jobs worldwide, avoiding cuts, [...]
      Good to see you again ErezS. I hope that you stay healthy, you and everybody who you know. Concerning me, until today I really seem to have been lucky! No health problems here on my side at all, since the last time I was here in this forum (assumed March 3rd 2020).

Back on topic. Yes. The EK** Airbus 380-800 is a bird which here at EDDL 'we' have seen twice daily (!), during the Winter schedule 2019/2020. But today, on April 1st 2020, all these flights have vanished, i.e. they reduced the flights from twice daily
      to zero.
      And that definitely is not an April Fool. I am not the operator of the official website for Lohausen International airport, that's my source.
      ** A6 is the national registry for Dubai, I shouldn't confuse that with EK, the airline code..

ErezS, I know alot of other flights which do not take place today, on this Wednesday. Due to Flight simulator interests, I tried to find out the flight number of the nonstop flight from Auckland to Vancouver, which in my eyes seems to be a quite interesting nonstop flight on board Randazzo's NZ-B744 simulator . 13 hours to cross the Pacific Ocean. To me that really sounds great. But they do not sell it today. This is what I've found after I 'telephoned' with Auckland:

Air New Zealand concerning travel restrictions, April 2020:
      'As a result of the impact of COVID-19 on travel demand, we are further reducing capacity across our international network. [...] North America ' [...] '
      But after all, I found the former flight number for Auckland - Vancouver nonstop. Which rather belongs to the simulator section, doesn't it. Or let me publish it twice, as a hope that on a brighter day they'll continue these flights:
      NZ # 24 from Auckland to Vancouver, dep 2015 local, arr ?, 13hours10minutes en route nonstop, a/c is the NZ-B789*, frequency --34567 (all days except Monday and Tuesday).

*Boeing 78 79, or as most people write it, the 787-9 .
      That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Originally posted by ariadne View Post
        [...]

For now, I don't want to imagine what will become of commercial aviation after this COVID-19 pandemic.
        Sao Paulo Guarulhos? Hm.

I only very seldom do quote Air New Zealand, this might be my very first try, but I should quote Air New Zealand again.
        As a result of [...] travel demand
        That means, you and me as passengers, we have it in our own hands! We are what airline CEOs call 'travel demand' . So. I don't know which one could be your favorite airline.

If you like to do your favorite airline a favor, then go to the airlines website, look up when they plan to fly again, and book a flight.

You don't know where to fly? Well. This is an aviation forum. I'm sure we can help you.
        That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Working...
        X