Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FedPax...when YOU absolutely positively have to get there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedPax...when YOU absolutely positively have to get there...

Totally speculative, ass-hat, outsider parlour pontification- FedEx will launch a new passenger service and become the new SINGLE NEAR-MONOPOLY USA Airline.

Thought process: They are busier and more profitable than ever, shuttling masks, hand sanitizer, CoViD test kits and TP while enjoying low fuel prices and cheap labor as waiters and waitresses seek ANY sort of employment.

Everyone else, (who has been on a cost-cutting war), is struggling with critically low dollarspeed (V$) and in an incipient monetary stall spin crash burn and did diednesses.

FedPax picks up cheap aeroplanies and pilots and jet bridges and baggage tractors, cheap pilots, and a few executives and CSA's to handle ticketing, and boarding and etc, and there we go.

Livery lovers go into deep depression (maybe they'll do the AA thing and have retrohomageliveries)

Thoughts? Or will this, instead, be Trump Airlines?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Well. as FedEx insider -
    FedEx will launch a new passenger service and become the new SINGLE NEAR-MONOPOLY USA Airline.
    Totally unreal

They are busier and more profitable than ever
    Nope, nope, nope

Cheers,
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
      Nope, nope, nope
      I understand the meaning of the word "no"; however...

...my understanding is that fuel is getting cheaper fast and that shipping services continue rather full speed...to say that it doesn't help the bottom line calls for a little explanation.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

But thats where the flawed thinking is, because I am guessing you mean more than 10 people on a plane. This shouldn't and can't be allowed. There isn't any point making the waiters stay home if they are all going to shuffle into a tin can with a bunch of people anyway, making it no different than a gathering at a hole in the wall type of restaurant. That totally defeats the purpose of a quarantine. And this is affecting me on the basis I can see it with my own eyes, one of my neighbors is a bartender. Of course my state of Washington closed the bars down. She has been laid off, I heard her say it kind of in an eavesdropping way, she was outside talking on her phone. And she seems like the kind that has trouble staying in one spot for too long, she still isn't home much but I can't assume she is out with other large groups of people still. What she is doing is having some work done on her house too because she has more time on her hands, like having this tree cut down above her garage, and it wasn't something she was planning until she had so much time to spend on setting it up.

My mom is a teacher, she isn't working but is still being paid thank god. She refused to go to school on Monday the 16th because one of the first cases in my county was a parent of a kid at her school, and this isn't some tiny town, there about about 30 something elementary schools in her district which doesn't even include our suburbs, the suburbs have their own school districts. What I am saying is the odds were not too high it would be someone from her school but it was. And the governor made the order for schools to be out from the 17th on. But the dummies here still went the Monday before even in light of a confirmed case connecting them. So I was happy she stayed home.

I would like to mention my dad has bad heart problems so he is very at risk, he almost died 2 years ago because a cold virus attacked his heart. So yes I am taking this serious, a common cold almost already killed my dad so I would not want to see what this does.

Plus I am sure UPS would like to compete with them if they did it, so it wouldn't be a monopoly then anyway!

And yes I made it personal, but the notion just tickles me in all the wrong ways and just sounds like any other rich Mr. Burns type plan. Screw the health of people we want money.

Comment

All I can say is that cargo flights are not using full load capacity, especially on EU - Asia routes

Comment

Originally posted by KGEG View Post
            ...flawed thinking...because I am guessing you mean more than 10 people on a plane. This shouldn't and can't be allowed....

Umm, no, flawed thinking because I am talking about after the illnesses are over, where the airlines are going to be in very tough financial shape...but thanks for the rant.

To TomEPPK: Thanks...Yeah, cargo folks may be dealing with huge decreases in business shipments...In the US we had a big uptick in online purchasing and were asked to go easy on "elective" purchases to free carriers to move more important, essential supplies, so I'd say you are still probably better off than the buttock haulers, but appreciate that maybe you aren't rolling in dough as I suggested in the OP.

Again, this is a discussion topic, but the context was around the possibility (hopefully wrong) that many airlines go broke and shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              Again, this is a discussion topic, but the context was also around the possibility (hopefully wrong) that many airlines go broke and shut down.
              Let's see in Europe. Here in the US they are going to receive a rescue package of billions of tax-payers dollars, 1/3 of which will go to the executives' bonuses "for getting the package and saving the airline", 1/3 will go to stock re-purchase to bump the stock price back up, and 1/3 will go to support the operation and not go broke.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
              X