X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LH-B744
    replied
    Originally posted by Worldflyer84 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what American Airlines “is” at JFK Airport? Are they truly a HUB there? Their route network and schedule frequencies at JFK are strange, with very little domestic feed for prestigious routes such as Buenos Aires-Ezeiza and Milan-Malpensa. Just wondering if anyone understands how AA views JFK.
    First of all, let me welcome you to the jetphotos forum, you shiny new member.

Back on topic. Well, I'd say it depends on what you understand as a hub. Today, I'd only talk about a hub as a hub, if we talk about let's say the beginning of the year 2020, January or February. I don't know if you yet have seen it, many many many [...] many many airports today worldwide do not really provide that many passenger flights. A different thing is the Cargo section...

But if we really do talk about JFK as one of THE passenger airports which is used by a very large number of long haul jet a/c types, Boeing 747-800, Airbus A330, .. Alitalia.. 772ER and 332, ...,
    then I'd say, there are more tailfins which do not belong to AA than there are AA tailfins at JFK, at least concerning the long haul.
    Let me count the AA long haul destinations which do start at JFK: 1. Barcelona 2. Ezeiza 3. Heathrow 4. Madrid 5. Malpensa 6. CDG
    That's it.
    Now the rest, which arrives at JFK without an AA tailfin: 7. Rhein/Main 8. Dublin 9. Sheremetyevo 10. Mexico City 11. New Delhi 12. Roma Fiumicino 13. Haneda 14. Narita 15. Inch'eon 16. Schwechat
    and last but not least
    17. Cathay Pacific to Chek Lap Kok (Hong Kong).

And I've stopped at the letter 'C', for Cathay Pacific. Ok, I admit, including the 'L', for Rhein/Main.

In my eyes, KJFK is a very great Intercontinental Airport. But definitely most of the long haul destinations at JFK are not flown by Texans..
    but by all these flag carriers in Ireland, Italy, Japan, Austria, ....

PS: In Germany, there is one airport who, indeed much much smaller than JFK, but who has a very similar problem, if you like to call that a problem. And that is my home airport, Lohausen International airport (IATA: DUS - ICAO: EDDL).
    Here, my favorite airline with the only valid flight number (LH) only provides two (!) destinations. Almost all the rest (..) comes in with all the flag carriers. Sheremetyevo, Linate, Kastrup, Barajas,
    and last but not least
    TAP to Lisbon. I once knew the surname of Lisbon Intl, .. Damn, it definitely is time to spend some hours on my home airport again.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-05-02, 22:13. Reason: Flag Carriers in Italy, Spain, Portugal, ... ... ...

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    The following are regarded as American Airlines hubs....
    • New York LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
    • New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
    • Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
    • Washington Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA)
    • Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
    • Miami International Airport (MIA)
    • Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
    • Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport (DFW)
    • Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
    • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
    • Tulsa International is the American Airlines maintenance base.
    Last edited by brianw999; 2020-05-02, 16:43.

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    replied
    Originally posted by Worldflyer84 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what American Airlines “is” at JFK Airport? Are they truly a HUB there? Their route network and schedule frequencies at JFK are strange, with very little domestic feed for prestigious routes such as Buenos Aires-Ezeiza and Milan-Malpensa. Just wondering if anyone understands how AA views JFK.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a.../aa-aal/routes
    Every airline is in the hardest time at this period. Select KJFK on the map so you can see AAL upcoming 7 days flights at KJFK

Leave a comment:

• Worldflyer84
    started a topic American Airlines at JFK

American Airlines at JFK

Working...
X