Ilyushin IL-62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ilyushin IL-62

Hi all, I'm trying to locate the travels of il 62 , as I'm convinced it came over my home on Tue afternoon possibly on approach to Doncaster airport...do hope someone has info on it..

Hello mate, I am pretty sure the only civilian flying IL-62 is EW-450TR. It flys for Rada Airlines but its last flight on Flight Aware was from MINSK, BELARUS
    to KAZAN, RUSSIA on the 16-5-20. It is of course a possibility but it could have been an Russian Air Force one.
    Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi
      The Rada IL-62 has visited Doncaster on several occasions but none have been recently. There is a possibility what you saw was the a millitary C-17 that was operating around DSA
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by glidescopeAviation View Post
        Hi
        The Rada IL-62 has visited Doncaster on several occasions but none have been recently. There is a possibility what you saw was the a millitary C-17 that was operating around DSA
        Hope this helps.
        I should think it would take some doing to mistake a C-17 for an IL-62.

Comment

Defoe not C17, this looked the same as VC10 ,4 engines on rear fuselage...thanks for replies the hunt goes on

Comment

Could you reiterate exactly what day and time you saw it, I started to look into it and found it could be a DC-9 from Astral Aviation on the Nairobi flight but that stretches the range of that plane so its can't be that either, and I don't think I could find a tail engine based plane in their fleet that made sense for the range. But also you are sure it was a tailed based engine plane and it had 4 of them. But admit you could have saw more engines than it actually had? Because it very well could have still been something rare nowadays just not what you thought.

Comment

Astral only operate the 747 on NBO-DSA. Is it possible it could be a 727?

Comment

Working...
              X