Valid Star Alliance flight numbers for this summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid Star Alliance flight numbers for this summer

In my eyes, one of the meanest things when you travel is, not enough information. And especially now that DL, AF, AC and LH again try to fly, everybody needs info. Mr Rodeback was so kind and he tries to find Valid SkyTeam flight numbers for this summer, with a little help from friends, if needed..

And I try to find valid flight numbers for my favorite airline, and friends. Probably numbers do not tell everybody everything, so, I like to include flight number, departure, arrival and aircraft type.
    Let's fly again!

LH #400 FRA - JFK, operated with type B748.
    LH #404 FRA - JFK, a/c type B748.

AC #873 FRA - YYZ, type B77W, which in this case theoretically is a choice for the Canadians, B772LR?, but here on my screen I even see the registration. That definitely is a B773ER.
    ..to be definitely continued.

Welcome back, dear passengers!
    That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of my favorite aircraft type..

LH #490 FRA - SEA, operated with type, what would you guess, ... LH-B744. What else.

Back in the air again finally, up where we belong. Men, how have I missed this, my favorite aircraft type is back!

Comment

I must be honest, I opened this topic only because of one important happening. One week after my birthday this year, aviation really stopped to exist. And I celebrated my 42nd birthday with the knowledge, my father has driven me to Lohausen International airport when I was so young that I preferred to sit in the Kinderwagen, when I was not really able to explore the third biggest airport in Germany on my own feet. Age? Younger than 3. Thus, my signature not even tells it all. Aviation enthusiast since 1980, that really comes close to the truth.

And what is a man able to do after 40 years of aviation as a hobby? In German that would be,
      In diesem Leben bin ich wahrscheinlich zu nichts anderem mehr tauglich.

So, now, after 40 years of aviation enthusiasm, my Lohausen International airport comes back to life again. I only know one another jetphotos senior member who could be able to celebrate a similar jubilee on his home airport. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw.

Alex?!

Comment

Back on topic.

Since the early Friday morning, I really have spent some hours to find out another way to Basel-Mülhausen. Here on my table I look at the
        Lohausen International airport summer schedule (April 2019).

This document contains the following flight numbers:
        Eurowings # 9712 >> DUS 0715 - BSL 0840 freq 12345--
        Eurowings # 9714 >> DUS 1825 - BSL 1925 freq 12345--

I know that here at Lohausen Intl we are not yet back at the summer schedule April 2019. Due to

that damn disease,

your and my summer holiday will not start that easy, at least not if you are used to aviation since 40 years.

Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter mbH was the operator of the flights to Basel-Mülhausen, back then in April 2019. They used their
        DeHavilland Dash 8-400 turbopropeller fleet
        for the flights to Basel.

The newest news is, since June 15th 2020 everybody here in this forum and everybody on this planet is able to buy one, two, seven or eleven
        ex Luftfahrtgesellschaft Walter
        Dash 8-400 turbopropeller aircraft.

LGW has ceased to exist on Monday, June 15 2020. So, you need a twin-engined turbopropeller, because today nobody really provides flights to LFSB?

Why don't you buy one?!

PS: This is the Dash 8-400 spec sheet:
        2 turbopropeller engines /w 5071 hp each,
        vmax 320 kt - alt 27,000 (pressurized) - maximum range 1100 nautical miles
        - t/o run 1425 m ISA - length 32.8 m - wingspan 28.40 m - MTOW Q400 67,200 lb (30.4 tons)

And 76 passenger seats.

The mean thing is, at once I'd have a route where I'd fly such a DeHavilland Dash8-400:
        Düsseldorf - Basel/Mülhausen - Lugano - LIMJ Genova Sestri
        and back.

I remember a day here in this forum when together with ATLcrew I discussed the price of a 30 year old Boeing 747 who once was owned by a sheikh.

179,- Euro, for such a Dash8-400, if nobody else wants it.
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-06-20, 00:58. Reason: What would I have to pay for such a turbopropeller?

Comment

Alex, I need another one..

Valid flight numbers for this summer.

Well. I even asked Rhein/Main Intl what they think about Basel/Mülhausen. The answer was, oh God, yes, we wrote connections to BSL, with CR9 (!), but you should always contact your airline for answers.
          Which I also did. My favorite airline of all times, the Lufthansa, submitted connections with BSL to the operators of the Rhein/Main airport website. I don't really think that somebody at FRA invented this without any source... ................
          frankfurt-airport dot com

beginning with Saturday, July 4th 2020, these are flight numbers which I have found just in this very moment:
          LH#1202 FRA 0950 - BSL 1040 nonstop, 0h50min in the air.
          LH#1204
          LH#1206
          LH#1208.

But that tiny CR9 is not the problem or at least not the first problem which I have when I try to book a flight from DUS to BSL.

Due to the fact that BSL here at Lohausen not yet again has a confirmed take off, i.e. at least one eyewitness saw a plane who takes off from DUS to BSL nonstop, I asked Rhein/Main.

But even with 1 stop at Rhein/Main, my journey always begins here at Lohausen International. And that is the main problem:
          LH#073
          LH#077
          LH#079
          LH#081
          LH#085
          LH#087
          et cetera.

Why the hell is 'my Lufthansa' not able to pick up all and I really mean ALL passengers here at DUS?!

The DUS - FRA flights will start again not before July 07th, if you ask FRA. And not before July 13th, if you ask DUS. And what happens if you ask Lufthansa, who is so bright to only operate
          Airbus A319 on this route?
          The DUS-FRA route is sold out until OCTOBER 2020!

If I were the CEO of a German airline, I would always have one LH-B744 for routes where an A319 is way too tiny. In Spain they once had an airlift between Barcelona and Madrid.
          I am a fan of an airlift between Düsseldorf and Rhein/Main with A321, and if that is too tiny, I'd fly the
          LH#075 DUS 0835 - FRA 0925 freq 1234567
          with a LH-B744.
          At least and definitely during the summer holidays in Düsseldorf between 27.06. and 11.08.

Dear CEO Spohr, you always try to operate Düsseldorf without intercontinental flights. But if that really is your opinion, your duty is
          to clearly increase the number of seats between DUS and FRA!

Thank You!

Comment

Mr Spohr, I need another one.

Düsseldorf without JFK nonstop, that's really ridiculous and that never happened since I know my home airport, Lohausen International. Now since 40 years. Come with me and see.

Lufthansa Lockheed Super Constellation, who was part of the Lufthansa fleet between 1955 and 1968. One of the first routes:
            Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - (Sept Iles) - New York City.

Lohausen Intl still is the third biggest airport in Germany, established in 1927.

I always hated the former Lufthansa CEO C. Franz because he always ignored where the 'new Lufthansa' after 1955 started again. In Köln, und nirgendwo anders.

Mr Spohr, you once were 100% convinced of EDDL, I know that because I know where you are born.

If, and only if you try to participate in EDDF of passenger numbers which we here create at EDDK and EDDL, you MUST be sure that the Lohausen - Rhein/Main airlift is stable,

and not sold out until October 2020!
            That's ridiculous and that in my eyes damages our favorite airline of all times.

PS: Spohr. Wer hat dem Kerl zuviel gezahlt so dass er plötzlich gegen seinen Geburtsort votiert?! Schande! Thiele gegen Spohr? Eines ist mal totsicher, Thiele überlebe ich auf jeden Fall. Seid euch Mal eurer Verantwortung der nächsten Generation gegenüber bewusst und stoppt dieses Schmierentheater!
            Übrigens, wenn ich regional voten müsste, immer noch ganz klar für Spohr und EDDL. Dass macht 2:1 für Düsseldorf.
            In Washington sitzt schon jemand der mit Milliarden versucht, Überzeugung zu kaufen. Wenn das dieses Jahr noch über den Teich schwappt fange ich an zu kotzen.

Thank you.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-06-20, 03:28. Reason: Deutschland ist noch nie zentralistisch in Frankfurt/Main organisiert gewesen. Danke für die Diskussion!

Comment

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...ce=sh%2Fx%2Fim
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Am I able to open the link which you provide here without that my computer says 'Beeeep' and is dead forever?!

There are not so many men here on this platform who would simply throw a weblink into this forum without any comment. So, what I assume, that is Brian, noone else has misused that forum account.

To make it short. I will not open that link until you tell me what that is.

Comment

Back on topic. Valid for this Tuesday.

LH #470 FRA - YYZ .. and what I thought, that is one of the best routes for my avatar. But for a while, the schedule says LH-A343 .

LH #572 FRA - JNB .. still not yet 'the short' 747 (B744), but B748. There we go again!

PS: This is definitely a 747 destination. And I almost can't believe that after one year, 'we' are there again, with the same a/c type! In German, I'd say,
                  'Das ist ein zelebrierungswürdiger Moment.'
                  Back again at Jo'anna (Kool & The Gang). Here is the jetphoto:
                  https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9510505
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-07-14, 03:34. Reason: + Jo'anna.

Comment

Somebody here in this forum once said, you should better write good German than bad English. If Brian still remembers what he said back then... Now I could say, it is his fault. But there indeed is an
                    empire state of mind (another song), which you only can describe in your mother tongue. Now I say, it is his fault.

Es gibt Momente, da freut er sich wieder wie ein kleiner Junge, der ein lange verloren geglaubtes Spielzeug wiederfindet. Kein neu gekauftes Spielzeug, sondern eines, mit dem schon sein Vater gespielt hat. Endlich wird wieder geflogen! Mit der 747, Erstflug mit dem Kranich auf der Heckflosse April 1970.

He can't describe that state of mind without wet eyes, in the air again, after more than 50 years in the fleet!

Comment

What did I say a few days ago? Jetphotos is one of the brilliant platforms, not only for aviation history. But also for the present, in aviation.
                      Er freut sich wie ein kleiner Junge, der ein lange verloren geglaubtes Spielzeug wieder sieht.
                      In English? Well, I'd say it is Brian's turn. But during this summer, he does not seem fast enough.

I'm happy as a monkey in a monkey tree, happy as a boy, who after one year again finds his favorite toy which I almost seem to have lost.

This is the Summer schedule Rhein/Main (IATA: FRA) for the summer 2020:

LH #456 FRA - LAX , and the a/c type for this sunday, August 9th 2020? 1 jetphoto says more than 1000 words. Here it is:

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9505779

Only one thing is different today, cp to the jetphoto, it is not the Yankee Tango in her brilliant '1978 style' livery, but the Yankee Juliett. Music. I don't know why I have Jon Bon Jovi in mind, every time when we discuss LAX topics (I indeed do know now, after I opened his de wiki entry..) .

Endlich wird wieder geflogen! Mit der 747 auf der echten Langstrecke.

Comment

26° C OAT (Outside Air Temperature) right in this moment at Lohausen Intl. And it doesn't seem to get any colder during the next 60 minutes..

At midnight, I found out that at the end of the following flight, we have shared exactly the same temperature, which was 29°C or 85°F , at midnight (!). Here is the flight number.

LH # 584 from Rhein/Main to Cairo (A321 neo).

That means, here at Lohausen Intl, we had the same temperature as in Cairo at midnight!

And I don't like to leave this platform today without another two flight numbers... ...

LH # 1308, from Rhein/Main to Beirut (type 333), and definitely not without
                        LH # 694, an ex B744 route, from Rhein/Main to Ben Gurion (type 321).

I had an idea this weekend, why not 744 instead of the 333, to Beirut. In a 744, there still is a little bit more space, for a wheel loader, for emergency generators, and for,
                        I once said also for one metric ton of books, very easily. But in this case, two or five metric tons of bread should be in the first 747, first of all. And that fits into a 747, in addition to 300 or 320 helpers,
                        THW, Red Cross, etc.

Lufthansa once owned more than 10 LH-B744 . But for a real airlift, one 747 every 30 minutes, we would need .. 16 LH-B744 , based on 4 hours in the air to Beirut.

And this is where the Tel Aviv idea comes in. On German TV, some one in Tel Aviv (name is not published) said, Beirut is our neighbor, we must help.

Beirut. Yes, we must help!

PS: I changed my schedule for my simulator, my next flight will be LH # 1308 to Beirut, with Randazzo's LH-B744 . Music? I have one song in mind, where the text perfectly fits to flight number #1308, although in general, I'm really too old for hip hop! Die Armaturen leuchten rot.
                        You need the lyrics in English? Either you ask an internet translator, or you ask me, next week. Here it is.
                        Die Firma - Kap der Guten Hoffnung (1999) .
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-08-09, 06:18. Reason: Alle an Bord?

Comment

Working...
                        X