Why the CRJ200's lack of HEPA filter doesn't matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the CRJ200's lack of HEPA filter doesn't matter

Discussing why the CRJ200 doesnt have a HEPA filter and why it doesnt matter using system knowledge.

Lack of HEPA filters is the least of one's worries with a -100/200. Also, this gentleman with his "8 years of aviation maintenance experience" doesn't seem to know what Delta P actually is, but then again, this is the internet.

Comment

The explanation could have been:
      1- In most airplanes part of the air is renewed (new outside air comes in, "used" cabin air goes out) and part is recirculated.
      2- For the recirculated air, HEPA filters are used to clean the recirculated air and eliminate most virus and bacteria in the process.
      3- The CRJ-200 doesn't recirculate air. It renews 100% of the air.
      4- No recirculated air = no need to filter recirculated air = no need of HEPA (or any) filter.

I am not particular renowned for my succinites. But this one was a no-brainer.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
        Lack of HEPA filters is the least of one's worries with a -100/200. Also, this gentleman with his "8 years of aviation maintenance experience" doesn't seem to know what Delta P actually is, but then again, this is the internet.
        Wow because I called it a pressure and not a difference in pressure. Thank god for the all knowing pilot troll ATLcrew for correcting us all on every little thing in every post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          The explanation could have been:
          1- In most airplanes part of the air is renewed (new outside air comes in, "used" cabin air goes out) and part is recirculated.
          2- For the recirculated air, HEPA filters are used to clean the recirculated air and eliminate most virus and bacteria in the process.
          3- The CRJ-200 doesn't recirculate air. It renews 100% of the air.
          4- No recirculated air = no need to filter recirculated air = no need of HEPA (or any) filter.

I am not particular renowned for my succinites. But this one was a no-brainer.
          Yeah I tried explaining it like that in the forum where people originally had questions. Most still didnt quite grasp the concept so I made something more in depth with pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by mtrainer90 View Post

Yeah I tried explaining it like that in the forum where people originally had questions. Most still didnt quite grasp the concept so I made something more in depth with pictures.
            I didn't realize that you were MT Aviation Photo & Film -MTrain999.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by mtrainer90 View Post

Wow because I called it a pressure and not a difference in pressure. Thank god for the all knowing pilot troll ATLcrew for correcting us all on every little thing in every post.
              That's not a "little thing", bud. But you do you.

Comment

really? let it go man. if we wanted to be schoolled in physics, fluid dynamics, quantum theory, and why some pilots become arseholes, we would've joined an MIT forum.

Comment

Yeah actually it is a little thing since Delta P is dependent on the inside pressure but hey if you need to feel like the smartest person on JetPhotos and go around correcting every single person in every thread so you can feel good about yourself and never actually posting any content then you do you bud

Comment

Working...
                  X