What I did this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did this weekend

I flew an airplane. This is not a very important aviation news, but it is for me.

Instead of posting all the story and pictures here again, I will link to the thread in another forum where I already posted this.
    Some may think it is politically incorrect to do so. Oh well.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    I flew an airplane. This is not a very important aviation news, but it is for me.

Instead of posting all the story and pictures here again, I will link to the thread in another forum where I already posted this.

https://airdisaster.info/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7936
    Looked like a great day for it!

Your first time at the controls is one of the most memorable you will have, really no greater freedom in the world! I remember my first flight back in 2015, got me hooked from the get go and 5 years on i'm finishing up a flight instructor rating and still get the same excitement every time I fly an aeroplane.

Well done and great pictures of the flight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post

Looked like a great day for it!

Your first time at the controls is one of the most memorable you will have, really no greater freedom in the world! I remember my first flight back in 2015, got me hooked from the get go and 5 years on i'm finishing up a flight instructor rating and still get the same excitement every time I fly an aeroplane.

Well done and great pictures of the flight!
      Thank you!

It was not my first flight at all. I am PPL with some 180 hours gained in the 90's. In 1999, when I decided to form a family, my priorities changed and I stopped flying, and I miss it very much. I take a random recreational flight with an instructor every once and then (read, every 2 years or so) just for the sake of it, and this was one of them.

As you said, the excitement was still there unscratched, as if it was the first time.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Just typing here since Im not a part of that forum- seems like Big Bear airport that you were heading to :P

Comment

Thank you!

It was not my first flight at all. I am PPL with some 180 hours gained in the 90's. In 1999, when I decided to form a family, my priorities changed and I stopped flying, and I miss it very much. I take a random recreational flight with an instructor every once and then (read, every 2 years or so) just for the sake of it, and this was one of them.

As you said, the excitement was still there unscratched, as if it was the first time.
          Ah sorry thats my bad, misinterpreted your original post, good on you though for getting back in the air when you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Shrey View Post
            Just typing here since Im not a part of that forum- seems like Big Bear airport that you were heading to :P
            Exactly! Took off from Redlands, overflew Big Bear, and returned to Redlands.

Comment

https://airdisaster.info/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7936
              How on Earth could you or me be politically incorrect only because we have boarded an airplane this year?!

What will I do on one or two of the following weekends. Well. Visit one or two airports here in the area, and go planespotting! What else?

As I mentioned in the off topic section recently, if I'd go now - at 00:57 CEST - I'd have to take a little night meal and beverages with me, because opening hours at "my" airport are not the same as they were in January 2020! McD today only open between 0630 and 2330 (which was 24/7 in January 2020). That's not really important either, but in my eyes that's quite idiotic. The first flight today goes at 0600, so all passengers are kindly requested to appear at the check in counters not after 0500 a.m.

A coke or a coffee if you arrive on time, at 0430 a.m.? N/a. Take it with you (from your hotel?) or stay thirsty.

There are people in Germany who say, and that's only a quotation which I translated, "That damn disease is an asshole.' . Yes, I like to second that.

PS: Great photos, man. That's why I will be an aviation enthusiast for at least the next 35 years.
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-10-22, 23:25. Reason: Not jetphotos, but propellerphotos. But very excellent, too.
              The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
              This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
              X