Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin Brandenburg Airport (BER) opened

Here some impressions from the BER opening yesterday:
    After many years of delay, Berlin´s new main airport “Berlin Brandenburg” (BER) openend finally on the 31st of October 2020.
    Best regards

Martin
    Jetphotos.com Crew

Wow. There are Newspapers in Germany where this one is not the #1 news (!) today. ...

Yes. Finally, Berlin again has an airport. In my eyes it is astonishing that they did not close Tegel (TXL) before they finally opened Neu Schönefeld, called BER.

More than 14 years, and that BER is no longer brandnew, or is it. If I had made a daughter in September 2006, now she would be 14! Which means, in 4 or 5 years I could have been a grandfather, theoretically...
    But in my eyes, 47 is a little bit young to be called opa , isn't it.

Back on topic. More than 14 years, and only 2 runways after all. Until last Friday they had 4 runways in Berlin. But somebody said, let's permanently close 2 of them. So. Since a few hours, TXL - ICAO EDDT - does no longer exist as an airport for commercial flights.

Beratungsresistent, in English, resistant to all suggestions which come from people who live near an unimportant airport with a 95 year history (soon). Here at DUS we know, 2 rwys are nice. But without our neighbors in the South, in German, the Domstädter, I would not call this area a good place for aviation. Not for 25.489 + 12.354 = 37.843 million passengers for both of our airports,
    in the year 2019.

But with not less than five runways (2+3), all together.

And in Berlin, they try the same number of passengers, with only 1 airport and only 2 rwys?

When they finally opened the BER one week ago, the Lufthansa CEO Spohr was present. And he was asked, do you plan to send one LH-B744 (or comparable) to Berlin. And he said No. And I know why.

Berlin without that damn disease is good for clearly more than 30 million passengers per year. Also without one LH-B744, the today only airport in Berlin (!) will soon again reach its limits.

But in my eyes, it is good that finally aviation takes place on BER. After more than 14 years. Also good for people who have won an election...

PS: I know that I'm offtopic, sometimes, but this one is the #1 news in German newspapers. Let me say these three words. Congratulations, Mr Biden!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
    X