New runway SABE / AEP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New runway SABE / AEP

Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (Buenos Aires City downtown's airport) was closed the last several months for a major remodeling.

The most significant part was the tear down of the runway and the construction of a new one in the same plane but longer, wither, thicker, with new ILS, new PAPI on both sides, new approach lighting system, runway centerline lights and touchdown lights.

It looks really beautiful. And yet, something immediately made me almost jump when watching this otherwise beautiful video. I hope that it will be fixed before the re-inauguration tomorrow.

El presidente Alberto Fernández y el ministro de Transporte Mario Meoni serán los encargados de inaugurar la actividad del aeropuerto Jorge Newbery. Se destaca la extensión de la pista, la instalación de un nuevo sistema de balizamiento y la reforma íntegra de la terminal internacional

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

ok, i watched it a couple of times and dont see what made you jump. nice drone footage though

Comment

0:32~0:39

Can you see it now?
      Anyway, I shared it with other people and they were pretty much "meh", not jumpy like me.
      But I am sure that any pilot (real or Flight Sim) would detect it at once.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

i dunno. looks like the runway threshold is pretty far down the paved approach path but who knows. i give up!

Comment

The PAPI lights (Precision Approach Path Indicator)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PAPI.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1112011

Comment

It’s not that obvious...and very short lived as the drone climbs rapidly through the glide slope.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              It’s not that obvious...and very short lived as the drone climbs rapidly through the glide slope.
              I would not say it's obvious but it did immediately caught my attention when I first saw the video. I mean, just like you, I was relaxed watching the video for the first time and I didn't know that this feature was there and didn't do any particular effort to discover it. Rather than I finding this, this found me.

Comment

You think that somebody steered a drone through the glide slope of SABE Palermo airport?

Well, my first thought was, Palermo? Eh, I should be able to tell you something about Palermo airport. But then, I perceived who was the threadstarter.

Buenos Aires-Palermo. With a clearly shorter runway than what I know as Palermo Punta Raisi, 3300 m.

Nevertheless, I hope that you had closed Buenos Aires-Palermo when the drone was on her way!

And now I could try to open thad video.

PS: Buenos Aires Ezeiza is one of the LH-B744 destinations which I have to see in the simulator. Must be a great town.
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Buenos Aires is a great city.
                  Ezeiza is a town/county outside of Buenos Aires city and is not a great city.
                  And the Ezeiza airport is not a particularly beautiful airport. Aeroparque (SAEZ) is much smaller but more beautiful in my opinion.

And where did you get the SABE-Palermo airport thing? SABE (IATA code AEP) is referred to as Aeroparque Jorge Newbery and, while it is located in the neighborhood of Buenos Aires called Palermo, I have never ever heard of it being called Palermo airport.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

You think that somebody steered a drone through the glide slope of SABE Palermo airport?
                    Gabriel posted a video with nice, slow aerial shots of a new runway (including the little hiccup on the PAPI as "the shot" flies down towards the runway and then climbs away.

I ASSUME it came from a drone. HOWEVER, it might also have been a heliochopter....Drone photography is so impressive this days, and cheaper to do, so I bet a beer that's what it is.
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Gabriel posted a video with nice, slow aerial shots of a new runway (including the little hiccup on the PAPI as "the shot" flies down towards the runway and then climbs away.

I ASSUME it came from a drone. HOWEVER, it might also have been a heliochopter....Drone photography is so impressive this days, and cheaper to do, so I bet a beer that's what it is.
                      Impressive is a word which I accept. And let's find the harmless or rather funny side in this topic. Here on my home airport it's Tuesday already. Saturday and Sunday I did not move far away from where I sit now, in front of my computer, due to rather nasty weather, +3°C or 37.4°F for our friends in overseas, with snowfall from time to time.
                      So I watch the birds who are flyin here, and I don't mean the a/c type 747. Doves. Do you have an Alexa or something like that who is able to translate? If not, I can also do that, but first of all it comes to my mind in German. Tauben sind wirklich manchmal zu dumm zum geradeaus gucken. Und scheppern dann gegen mein Fenster.

Now in English. Doves are sometimes not intelligent enough to avoid obstacles. And then they try to compete with my window. But in 100% of all cases they lose the competition, and in 50% of all cases the result is a dead dove.

Now my question for tonight. Are drone pilots more intelligent than doves? Without that I wait for your answer, I'd say, No. Not necessarily!

Comment

This wouldn't be jetphotos if the SABE airport were not in the database.

This one really seems brandnew, although at that location I'd say always has been an airport. Since 1947:

New runway layout. SABE. Airport. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And this is the topic which during the past year was not so very popular, the Boeing 737. And even down there in Argentina they suffered from that topic? Damn.

But somebody was so keen and said, we need the 737-700 and the 737-800, we don't sell them.
                        Obviously a good move, otherwise this new jetphoto were not in the database:

LV-GOO. Boeing 737-7BD. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Aerolineas Argentinas, est. 1949 . Well. I was not really present when the airline was founded, but from somewhere I know that airline. Let me have a look again into the database,
                        AR-B744, .... .. Yes, back then in 2012.

LV-AXF. Boeing 747-475. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Or much much much much earlier, a jetphoto which is almost as old as me. Could be my new alltime favorite. Here it is:

LV-LZD. Boeing 747-287B. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Wow.

Comment

And what about this one?
                          LV-OHV. Boeing 747SP-27. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Or these tail-engined oldies ones?

. LV-MEX. British Aircraft Corporation BAC 1-11 Series 518FG. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

. LV-LOA. Fokker F28-1000 Fellowship. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Scanned from K64. LV-WGU. McDonnell Douglas DC-9-32. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Optimized by DAD.. LV-MIO. Boeing 727-287(Adv). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

N10027. McDonnell Douglas MD-81. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Here SABE in 1950:

Comment

Working...
                          X