Boeing 777s are getting a 2nd life in air cargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 777s are getting a 2nd life in air cargo

Airlines are phasing out a lot of Boeing 777s. It's a shame because many are still young and great planes. But now they can become full-time freighters. https://www.freightwaves.com/news/77...n-the-big-twin

Hm. I don't know who you mean by "airlines", as I only open weblinks who are provided by Mr Les Abend, or any other who are as trustful as that.

Man, I'm so stupid. Captain Abend himself would be one of the best persons who we could ask concerning this topic. But as far as I know, his former workplace still exists.

And I know at least one another workplace who still exists:
    HB-JND. Boeing 777-3DEER. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The LX-B773ER . Thank God, airports are coming back to life.

So. Who do you mean by "airlines" ? Any European or US American companies which I should know?

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Hm. I don't know who you mean by "airlines", as I only open weblinks who are provided by Mr Les Abend, or any other who are as trustful as that.
      The link is safe, it is a well-known freight magazine.

But you will not find info about what airlines are phasing out 777's.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I agree with you, thank you Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

The link is safe, it is a well-known freight magazine.

But you will not find info about what airlines are phasing out 777's.
          Oh really. So. A good magazine, but as an exception, this info is not so very helpful? Well. So. What would Captain Abend do. First of all, he would praise his former workplace,
          the AA-B773ER.

Then, he probably would try to find out something by own research, based on a little bit of background knowledge. And that's exactly what I will do now.

Hm. I've heard something through the grapevine...

ex B772ER passenger jets for sale? Only an assumption.

Let's ask another source who might know a little bit.

Hm. Either "our"** Cargo compartment is happy with the size of their LH-B777F fleet, or they think, first of all let's finish the "crisis 2021 credit" thing, and then...
          "Our"** CEO Spohr was on German TV recently, and he said that the credit thing will be finished by the end of November 2021, earlier as previously assumed.

**'Our' always can be replaced by the word Lufthansa. My favorite airline since ... at least 2008.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Right now, even with this pandemic the cargo traffic is increasing while passengers collapsed and now it is slowly recovering in some areasof the world.

Converting 777 to cargo can give those airplanes a life extension. A-380 is not so interesting from this point of view.

I am sure there is a reason but I can not find out

Comment

Working...
            X