Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malta airport and airshow information

Hello guys,

I'm planning already for next year and wanted to go to Malta next year. Looks like a nice destination for September with some bit of everything. From aviation to sea to history. And its not far from mid Europe with plane.

Does someone has information if Airshow Malta will be planned 2022? I only found that it was last time in 2017 and then in 2021 (maybe due Covid?). Also someone has additional information for spotting at the airport itself? You can find many good photos from lots of guests there also a reason I want to go there.

Thanks in advantage
    View my Spottingpictures on Jetphotos.net here

I have never been there but I suggest you look at the spotter guide for the Airport:

Malta – Europe’s fifth smallest state as measured by total size and counting a very negligible population of 450,000 people but in terms of airport, Malta’s […]

Comment

Originally posted by Santiago MN View Post
      I have never been there but I suggest you look at the spotter guide for the Airport:

Malta – Europe’s fifth smallest state as measured by total size and counting a very negligible population of 450,000 people but in terms of airport, Malta’s […]
      Nice one this should give me some information for the spotting in general. Which looks good. But does someone has also information for the airshow? I could not find a map or a plan where the displays are or the shows? On videos you can see the shows are not at the airport but over water and sun seems to be in the back. So maybe in the north (Valetta city?).

This would be nice. Of course I can also reach to the show and ask for dates etc but would like to have first hand information from fellow spotters

Comment

This years show could well have been the last one. One reason being that there is now little space available. The area where this year´s static display was is being built on and aircraft for the flying display are parked elsewhere, but not difficult to photograph from outside - as seen in the guide, spot #5. The flying display itself was this year held over water at St. Paul´s Bay. That was the first time held there and easy to get to by public transport. Other years it was held at Smart City, also over water - those are more than likely the ones you have seen.

I don´t think it will do any good asking the organisers right now, they will not have any information to give out. We will just have to wait and see if anything is decided for or against.

I´m still sorting through this years photos, but some I put up on Insta. tonybradley5043

Comment

Originally posted by TonyB View Post
          This years show could well have been the last one. The flying display itself was this year held over water at St. Paul´s Bay. That was the first time held there and easy to get to by public transport. Other years it was held at Smart City, also over water - those are more than likely the ones you have seen.
          The 2008 air display was also held over St Paul’s Bay. The reason given was that the construction cranes building the newLufthansa Technic maintenance facility posed a significant danger to a display over the airport. Several air shows since then were cancelled due to the Maltese government pulling their financial support and latterly due to Covid restrictions. The last airshow that I went to was 2016 which featured a Ukrainian IL-76 and a pair of Ukrainian SU-27’s
          We will have to wait and see if 2022 and beyond goes ahead.
          Last edited by brianw999; 2021-10-01, 12:08.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by StefBrat View Post
            Hello guys,

I'm planning already for next year and wanted to go to Malta next year. Looks like a nice destination for September with some bit of everything. From aviation to sea to history. And its not far from mid Europe with plane.
            That's awful optimistic of you. By September 2022 Covid-35, Sigma Variant, will have killed us all.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

That's awful optimistic of you. By September 2022 Covid-35, Sigma Variant, will have killed us all.
              Good I'm working for goverment so I will be safe as i can live in the secret bunkers and shelters or take a secret rocket to Mars

We will have to wait and see if 2022 and beyond goes ahead.
              brianw999 TonyB
              thanks for the explanations so far. I will wait but will have to plan my yearly vacation till the end of the year and I planned to stay at Malta for around 10 days so I can see arrivals/departures and enjoy also the landscape and country itself a bit

Comment

I've found some days ago this event announcement on facebook. Don't know if its maybe a kind of static thing or a real thing. The date will be 24/25. Sept. 2022. Hope I can join and see some nice traffic

Melde dich bei Facebook an, um dich mit deinen Freunden, deiner Familie und Personen, die du kennst, zu verbinden und Inhalte zu teilen.

Comment

Is it confirmed for Sep 2022?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

You mean, that's too much optimism? Hm. I can say what I do since March 2020, everytime when a pessimist/virologist appears on my TV screen. Either I switch the channel or I switch off TV.
                    "Leiter des Fachbereichs Virologie Charité Berlin, dem größten kommerziellen Krankenhauslabor Europas" .
                    In English? Ahm. One minute.

Don't tell me that I have to be a pessimist only because a professional pessimist wants to earn alot of money.

As far as I know, virologists are not poor. They don't need TV money in addition to their salary!

I'll stop here, before I really start to hate our Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) in Germany.
                    Commercial health care. What does that mean? The crisis will only find an end when Mr Drosten is a billionaire?!

Ahm. No. I don't support that. Back on topic.
                    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Sigma?

Now, there is another letter coming out ???

We will see...

Comment

Working...
                      X