Dubai airport claim to be again the busiest airport in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai airport claim to be again the busiest airport in the world

They reclaimed the title world's busiest international airport as capacity returns to the Middle East's largest air hub. This report was published by the aviation consultancy OAG. Meanwhile, Amsterdam is in second place; Frankfurt and London Heathrow were third and fourth in the list, respectively.

Anybody traveled or flew there and can confirm this?

I looked flightarada last week and they had less traffic than in 2020.

Dont believe so. I believe KATL holds the title still, with KORD holding second.

Comment

I spot at DXB and there is definitely more traffic compared to the previous months, but I'm not sure about it being the busiest in the world. Probably the busiest for international traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by gurrit View Post
        They reclaimed the title world's busiest international airport as capacity returns to the Middle East's largest air hub. This report was published by the aviation consultancy OAG. Meanwhile, Amsterdam is in second place; Frankfurt and London Heathrow were third and fourth in the list, respectively.

Anybody traveled or flew there and can confirm this?

I looked flightarada last week and they had less traffic than in 2020.
        I do not regularly fly to Dubai. To be honest, I've never been to Dubai in my whole life. But here I sit on the other side of the line,
        i.e. here at Lohausen International, we regularly welcome passengers for the EK #056 flight, from EDDL to OMDB .

Btw... Thank God, all the airports come back to life.

This flight number will be operated tomorrow with an a/c type which is no longer part of each and every airline in Germany. The DUS schedule says, this flight will be operated with
        EK-Airbus A380-800 . And wikipedia confirms that, EK still owns the A380-800.

In contrast to my favorite airline. So, if you like to see the A388, visit us here at Lohausen International.

PS: Traffic numbers for the year 2021, that's what you're lookin for? A little bit early, aren't you.
        I again ask en wikipedia:
        OMDB (2020) -- 23.9 million pax (minus 70%)
        EHAM (2020) -- 20.9 million pax (not published, but if you ask me, I always know Schiphol with 47 to 50 million pax, under normal conditions)
        EDDF (2020) -- 18.8 million pax (yes I can confirm that. Here in Germany aviation recovers only slowly, due to a government which does not support aviation in Germany with 100 or 110 % ................ ... The better place for aviation really is Schiphol ! ).

EGLL (2020) -- 22.1 million pax , which is really ridiculous!
        The German wikipedia has counted 80.126 million pax at Heathrow for the year 2018, at a pax capacity of 75 million pax at EGLL .

We should wait for the 2021 numbers.

Or should I continue with the 2020 numbers?
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-11-18, 01:13. Reason: Traffic numbers during the crisis.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

I really have to publish again a few numbers...

EDDL (2020) -- 6.6 million pax (not published everywhere, only for EDDL insiders)
          EDDL (2019) -- 25.49 million pax, at a pax capacity of 24 million pax at EDDL .

So, .. OMDB experienced minus 70 % between 2019 and 2020 .

And my home airport in 2020 saw only 25.89 % of all pax who we saw in 2019, so.. minus 74.11 % for EDDL in 2020.
          [percentage for EDDL calculated by LH-B744, no guarantee]

And Atlanta, and O'Hare? Well, here at Lohausen we provide this service.

KATL (2020) -- 42.82 million pax during the crisis. That's not bad, in absolute numbers. But as a percentage compared to 2019?
          KORD (2020) -- 30.86 million pax .

This update is for free, you don't have to pay me for that..
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

The claim to world’s busiest airport is always a contentious one. Airports Council International (ACI) recently compiled its 10 busiest airports in 2020 based on total passenger traffic, and Dubai was nowhere near the top.
            https://www.globalair.com/Articles/T...se-you?Id=3585
            The U.S. and China dominated the list, with a combined 372 million passengers among them.
            Airports Council International (ACI) World, has released its 2021 World Airport Traffic Report showing the lasting impact of COVID-19 on air transport demand.

Comment

Working...
            X