Your favorite airports near the Pacific Ocean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite airports near the Pacific Ocean

Well. It began with Tappen, British Columbia. Which is the home of Michael 'Mike' Hall, a - let me have a rough guess - 43 year old Rastafari rocker with 1978 sunglasses.

And why do I know him, approx 6000 nautical miles away from his home. TV makes it possible. He appears every Tuesday here in Germany on Dmax,

with Rust Valley Restorers Canada .

I don't know yet which is his home airport, but Vancouver can't be that far away, at least less than 6000 nautical miles.

So. Our favorite airports near the Pacific Ocean? If you ask me, then there is always only 1 answer. Look at my avatar. A LH-B744 with reverse thrust active ... @ KSFO .

But since I have seen at least 2 jetphotos members who sometimes are sad because the coast of the Pacific Ocean is not so often mentioned here, I like to correct this bad behaviour.

My choice:
    1. KSFO. The SF bay, Frisco . My WestCoast #1 since the year 2008 .
    2. CYVR. Vancouver International.
    3. KSEA. Seattle. You don't have questions about that, not in combination with my avatar, or do you.
    4. KPDX. Portland Oregon. Home of the Three Sisters. And Timberline Lodge.
    5. PANC. Anchorage Intl. Home of the Alaska Air race track to Seattle, at least twice a day. And Home of the Denali (elev 20,348_),
    don't you use chicken-breasted small single engined propellers near that force of nature,
    or you will die: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K2_Avi..._(DHC-2)_crash
    6. PHNL. Honolulu International. Home of the Ka'ala hill (1220 m über Meer), Oahu island. With connection flights to Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, Haleakala and Kilauea.
    7. KLAX. Without words. Home of the saddest helicopter story of all times. In memoriam Kobe Bryant (1978-2020).
    8. KNUQ. Moffett airfield. Not really a force of nature, but almost. This hangar, the KNUQ Hangar One, in reality is wide enough for a B747-800:
    345 meters long, and 94 meters wide. But still in the microsoft fsx simulator, it is not depicted with its real size. So often I have tried this hangar
    with a Beech Baron 58, which is a really small twin propeller, wingspan 11,53 meters. But in fsx this small B58 does not fit into that hangar! This is the real size of it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moffet...Field_1963.jpg
    9. KNKX. Until 1993, the big US Navy fighter pilot school was based at Miramar. By then the airport had a size of 93,5 km² , one of the biggest US Navy fighter pilot schools on the US West Coast, although the Navy pilot school after 1993 has moved to KNFL . tags: #Top Gun, #Meg Ryan, # Tom Cruise, # Tom Skerritt .
    10. Makatea. You urgently need a coffee break on an island? Don't ask me, I only refer to Harrison Ford and Anne Heche,
    Six Days, Seven Nights (1998_). According to that movie, the International airport for that trip is Tahiti, Papeete, Faa International (ICAO: NTAA).

'Ford is a licensed pilot.' (en wiki) . Yes, until today I only assumed that this is true. But since a few minutes I am sure.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2021-11-25, 04:27. Reason: Ford is a licensed pilot.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

This one:

https://vimeo.com/149536027?fbclid=I...dCmbklmUmkdINM

And before someone complains, it’s much closer than where LH, Bobby, TeeVee, ATL, Eric and I think Evan are.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
    X