X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.O.: LH-B744

Originally posted by Simple Flying
    Lufthansa to St Louis

St Louis is getting a non-stop to mainland Europe in the form of Lufthansa to Frankfurt, the airline’s website indicates that while start dates and schedules, it will be by Lufthansa itself and not leisure-driven Eurowings Discovery. The new route will begin sometime in June, the 255-seat A330-300 will operate three-weekly.

The Missouri airport, probably best known as the hub of TWA, last had continental European service (to Paris CDG) 20 years ago, ending in September 2001. Although not to continental Europe, TWA’s long-standing Gatwick service was replaced by American Airlines and ran between January 2002 and October 2003, according to the DOT’s T-100 dataset. Fifteen years later, WOW operated Keflavik to St Louis for nine months from May 2018.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

I tried to edit the post to say that we could drink German-inspired (but unfortunately Americanized) beer, visit our version of the Rhine river, see a fighter jet and watch 737s, RJs, and A-320+/- take off and land.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      I tried to edit the post to say that we could drink German-inspired (but unfortunately Americanized) beer, visit our version of the Rhine river, see a fighter jet and watch 737s, RJs, and A-320+/- take off and land.
      Well, my friend. Did you really try to edit your post from December 2021, or did you try to delete the words which you wrote in something like let's say
      German-inspired beer mood.

Your version of the Rhine river? Don't tell me that you've never been to Lohausen Intl airport. See this fighter jet:

One thing is for sure. Neither the F4 Phantom nor the B744 lives directly in Lohausen on the airport. But that doesn't seem new to you.
      LH-B737, a neverending topic, which has been temporarily suspended by CEO Spohr in the year 2016.
      The last 737s who were active for Lufthansa listened to the a/c type B737-500 (in the LH fleet since 1990).
      So, you can call me a Spohr friend, but imho he did nothin wrong when he dissolved the LH 737 fleet in 2016.

More EDDL spotting results: AF-E190, TP-E190, DE-B753 to Hurghada, ... ...

Immediately after he dissolved the LH-B735 fleet, Spohr also said that he's interested in a brandnew Lufthansa Boeing 737 fleet. But then something like MCAS happened... ....

You need more info about my home airport, don't you. Then, stay tuned, or give me a pm BEFORE you visit my home airport.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
      X