Mystery BBJ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery BBJ?

So in recent times I've been repeatedly hearing about a mystery BBJ, owned by Hong Kong based real estate mogul Joseph Lau. Ive seen many articles online saying that he owns either a Boeing 747-8 BBJ and/or a Boeing 787 BBJ, but have yet to figure out what the airplane looks like and its registration. Whenever I look it up, usually the first images that come up are a range of anything from clickbait photos of V8-BKH (Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah's jet) or VQ-BSK (Ex Qatar Emiri Flight - now used by Turkey's Tayyip Erdogan), to completely fake photos altogether. Anyone know anything about this?

747 and 787 BBJ, WOW
    Kind regards from Shanghai
    Charlie Chang

Comment

Ive seen many articles online saying that he owns either a Boeing 747-8 BBJ and/or a Boeing 787 BBJ, but have yet to figure out what the airplane looks like and its registration.
      A B748 BBJ. I have heard that something like that somewhere is on a desk at Boeing. And I even have a picture in my head: a 747 where by magic an elevator comes out of the fuselage,
      somewhere near the nose gear...

At this very moment I wonder if that was only a dream or if Elon Musk has one of these in his garage.

747 BBJ is every day business in the USA, at least in the White House. Nothing so very special.

PS: Privately owned 747s, I don't know if this one belongs on to that list, but I know that this B744 was here at my home airport at least once,
      type Boeing 747-400
      reg TF-AAK
      airline Iron Maiden
      callsign "Ed Force One" .. that's no joke, as far as I remember it was published by my home airport exactly like that!
      https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10582878
      Here she moves across the EHBK airport, who as I've learned one second ago has a 2750 m (9022 ft) long runway. Which for real B744 experts is long enough.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-06-25, 21:34. Reason: Airline: Iron Maiden.
      The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

The Airline has never been "Iron Maiden", it was just leased from Air Atlanta Icelandic for a few months during their 2015/16 Book of Souls Tour (and actually piloted by Bruce himself).

And If you're curious about the callsign you definitely need to get to know Eddie

Comment

Working...
        X