Keflavik Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keflavik Iceland

I am local spotter for many years. Living on Iceland. I have my own website in internet. if anyone would like to visit iceland. make cool pictures of planes or meybe also see some unspoiled nature. Please contact me on PM. I have a car and place to stay. Best Regards.

What’s your favorite spotting locations at KEF?

Is there a town where there’s a gravel? runway across the fijord and you look down on it from the adjacent road?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Is there a town where there’s a gravel? runway across the fijord and you look down on it from the adjacent road?
      You are probably thinking of Isafjordur, which has a little airport next to the water and mountain, and you can view the runway from the road that heads into town.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevelle View Post
        You are probably thinking
        That's a stretch of speculation!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Isafjordur
          Yes!

The view at Akureyi of planes on approach is also pretty cool.

Thanks.

I think you need to work on your sense of humour, Gabriel.

Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by KeflavikIS View Post
            I am local spotter for many years. Living on Iceland. I have my own website in internet. if anyone would like to visit iceland. make cool pictures of planes or meybe also see some unspoiled nature. Please contact me on PM. I have a car and place to stay. Best Regards.
            Great forum entry to start with, you shiny new member!

I have to admit, I just can't really remember my very very very first jetphotos forum entry. But I am sure that it was not something like... " Hey world, feel invited to Lohausen Intl airport (EDDL). That's my airport since 1978 [, and the airport of my father], and you can take alot of cool pictures here."

Today I am sure that back then I was not so confident to write something like that.

The next question would be, who has ever been to Iceland? Gabriel?

For me, the answer is, not me.

BIRK is one of your airports isn't it. And now you wonder why I know that. Well..

Iceland is on the Lufthansa map, and since 13 or rather more than 15 years, I know one or two airports who are on the LH map. But most of the time, I confuse these two airports,
            BIRK (which sounds similar to the German word "Birke", very good to remember) and BIKF International (Keflavík).

These are airports which are recommended for tourists rather in the summer on the Northern Hemisphere, as I assume?
            So, beginning with the end of April, or what would you say?

Greetings!
            The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

The is many nice location. I know every single placess. Also hidden location

Comment

You are probably thinking of Isafjordur, which has a little airport next to the water and mountain, and you can view the runway from the road that heads into town.
                correct or meybe one of domestics airports.

Comment

I do hope in my lifetime I could get a chance to visit Iceland. Love this country in so many ways, not only the nature and the planes, but also the football team.

Comment

And great music:

https://youtu.be/qjuphuG3ndw

Snarkiness aside, I saw Sigur Ros once…interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X