Noise protection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise protection.

Noise protection, or how to discover info which is not directly displayed in aviation maps.

Well. I wouldn't have opened this topic if - since two or three weeks, I hadn't seen things in the sky who do not belong here, e.g. aircraft.

You know quite good where the approach paths are for your home airport, at least I strongly assume that.

And I know quite good where the approach paths are for my home airport, you can be sure: Lohausen Intl (EDDL) since more than 4 decades.

There might be only one problem, which occurs more often this year: not all pilots who fly into my airport know Lohausen Intl as long as me.
    So let me show you how I would fly into my home airport.

And this is valid for all a/c which you can imagine (without helicopters and without gliders, who afaik underly specific laws here at EDDL):
    eight engined jets (B52 and comparable), six engined jets (AN-225 and comparable), four engined jets of all size (!), three engined jets, two engined jets, [... ...]
    down to the Cessna 185 SkyWagon, owned by your neighbor.

For Helicopters at EDDL, you should ask someone who has 2 or 5 years experience with helis, e.g. the Police helicopter squadron at EDDL .

So, let's stay with the fixed-wing aircraft, everything between a single engined Cessna with not more than 2 seats and my avatar (or bigger).

One requirement so that I can explain you how to fly is, we have to decide for the wind direction. West wind here at Lohausen Intl today (May 11th 2022), i.e. you come in on the 23L for landing.

This chart is named 'the ILS 23L chart for EDDL', as I would use it in a Simulator. Only for discussion purposes. Please, do not use this for real navigation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 060.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	835.8 KB
ID:	1136820
    So. What does not appear on this chart is the preferrential rwy system here at EDDL. Under west wind conditions (as of today), the longest runway here is the 23L .

If you ask me, then even if you come in at BIKMU, you do not really need the BIKMU 23 standard arrival. That's rather good for the 23R, which is only open upon request.

You should go from BIKMU to DL406 and then to the EDDL 23L
    to avoid the overpass of the city of Düsseldorf and to avoid the overpass of neighborhoods who do not take part in the EDDL noise protection program.

And I can tell you, everyone who lives under the BIKMU 23 route does not take part in the EDDL noise protection program.

So, please (!), avoid the BIKMU 23 route, and go directly to DL406 for the EDDL 23L approach from the South.

Thank You!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Wow. I can tell you what I thought what would happen with this topic. Until yesterday, I thought, well, a topic about less noise for the people who live near an International airport,
    that will quite soon be deleted, probably even within 48 hours.

I had never expected that this topic would survive one week. But I'll take it as it is.

Today, we obviously experience East Wind conditions here at my home airport. So, all the Condors and all the other birds come in on the 05R for landing.

But what happens if you like to take off from my home airport, with East Wind conditions? Then you need a different procedure, depending on your destination.

This chart is named 'the Initial climb chart 05R for EDDL', but if you ask me, that chart is only valid for:
    departures to the West with the lima 9z departure,
    departures to the NorthWest via ORSOV, and
    departures to the North via NIKOG .

What this chart really does not include is, make left traffic at DL058 when you are still so low so that I am able to read your tail fin. But let's see what we are talking about:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 062.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	1137280
    I don't work as your air traffic controller (atc) at EDDL, but I know a little bit about how I would use my home airport.

So, all pilots on this planet do whatever the atc asks them to do, without a doubt. But what I miss on this chart is something like...
    'make left traffic SID 05R only when higher than MEA 5000' .

Or whatever is high enough so that I am no longer able to read your tailfin.

There are two questions that I have when I look at his chart for more than 5 minutes:
    1. How high can you be at D6.4 DUS ?
    2. Is it possible that you make left traffic only when you are high enough, e.g. East of EDLE ?

EDLE is at 423 AMSL, so that theoretically does not really contain a very high MEA (minimum enroute altitude) to leave the EDDL 05R rwy heading.

But my home airport EDDL (est. 1927 ) is situated in a very densely populated area. So, let's talk about MEA .

PS: I own one license for the p3dv4.5 flight simulator. So, what could I do. I could try to answer these two questions with a little help from p3dv4.5.
    So, stay tuned.

Comment

So. One question was, how high can you be at D6.4 DUS, with SID 05R ?

I must say, I don't know how brilliant such a simulator is. I really didn't jump into an aircraft out there, five minutes ago. And we all know that it depends on alot of facts:
      weather, temperature, wind, your a/c type, and if you leave EDDL with MTOW or not, et cetera et cetera ...... ....

And most of the time, the weather in your simulator is completely different from what you see when you open your window. I have just opened my window: +22°C , with a dark sky at night .

The simulator weather was different, as far as I remember:
      Few clouds at 7000, +15°C, (almost) zero wind , a/c type Beech B200 (Carenado) with MTOW .

This a/c type rather climbs like a rocket, even fully loaded it only needs 643 meters straight (or 2110 ft) to lift off .

So, if you fly such a rocket, you can very easily be higher than 5000 at D6.4 DUS, and if atc allows you to stay on the 05R rwy heading (055), you are higher than 8000 when EDLE is in your left window.
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-05-19, 01:49. Reason: 055, at least that's what my chart says.

Comment

What?

Comment

Why ?
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

n o i s e protection, Brian. You'll rather know what I mean than the atl crew, as I assume...

That is, Brian, when you take your Boeing 747 out of your garage, and you go to your home airport to depart to ... let's say the United States of America. And you do not fly over your house
            in low-level flight (dt.: Tiefflug) to see if your garden door is closed,
            but you use at least the official SID procedures, and if you ask me, on your home airport you can be better than the official SID procedures.

You know when you have to be at which altitude, so that your wife doesn't fall off her garden chair due to your noise during the overpass of your house ... , don't you?!
            I am able to fly such procedures here at my home airport, and I assume, you can do something like that, too.

Wherever your home airport might be, Brian....

PS: Germany definitely is NOT the only country where this is the eve of the so called 'Father day' ? It is the counterpart of the well known 'mother day' in Germany.
            It is the day when all men (and all women?) in Germany think of their fathers. It takes place exactly 39 days after the Easter sunday,
            which is a legal holiday in Germany, in Switzerland, in Austria, in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France (L'Ascension), Greenland, Haiti, Indonesia, Iceland, Columbia, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Madagascar, Namibia, Netherlands, in Norway and in Sweden.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-07-27, 00:18. Reason: Himmelfahrt.

Comment

In Great Britain, the church is less important than in Germany.

Or what would you say, Brian?

Comment

Working...
              X