Candlelight Vigil: Aviation discussion forum, [i]not_here[/i]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlelight Vigil: Aviation discussion forum, [i]not_here[/i]

Click image for larger version  Name:	candlelight vigil.jpg Views:	3 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	1151113

A long time ago, there was a website named “AirDisaster.com”. It contained information regarding a number of historic plane crashes. It also hosted a discussion forum. The discussion forum was quite lively. Strong discussions, and occasional arguments broke out. Conversely, information was shared and acquaintances formed. The group actually had an international get together. The discussion forum had various main topics, Safety, General aviation discussions, Off Topic, Politics, A subforum where an actual pilot answered questions and more. This website was managed by a person named Chris.

One day, the hosting computer crashed. Chris had no backups.

It so happened Chris had another forum (and website): JetPhotos.net (Basically this forum). Chris asked everyone to move their membership here. Many did, but there was a personality clash- Things, here, were a too bit prim, proper for the AirDisaster bunch. There were flame wars, several rashes of banning's, and even those who were not_banned, occasionally got under the skin of moderators (and members).

[Edited][Edit edit]The original post contained some mushy stuff about a missing forum. An attempt to replace said info follows:

Due to the culture clash, approximately three additional forums were started by the AD refugees, They tended to flounder, but finally, one of them seemed to settle as the replacement forum for the AD,com misfits. This forum maintained a certain light-heartedness, but at the same time, more serious introspection of airplane incidents. Sadly, the traffic at that forum (actually most of these forums) declined. The remaining active, and semi-active members enjoyed friendship, respect, quality discussions, and, yes, a large dose of tomfoolery.

In early 2023, the owner threatened to pull the forum, but had a last-minute change of heart. Now, one year later, with only an extremely obscure warning, the forum has gone silent on 1/29/2024.
    Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LT7484-WWHO15-SQ-02.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	1151121
    Attached Files
    "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Name:	il_fullxfull.3843132498_thn2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	695.1 KB
ID:	1151144

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGnjUDO0ycdLcTodWJ_AIMRryUjUXhQl96Z8mSSi6yg2e4HiymrhiJPLHvrjkNp4Lk-S4&usqp=CAU.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1151147

Comment

Name:	il_fullxfull.4320134265_49o2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	1151170
          Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

[Edited]

***Not_Poof***

***Never mind, just a maintenance outage***
            Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              ***Poof***
              wrong
              The Great **POOF**
              has been cancelled .

Comment

A long time ago,
                3WE, btw a very very Happy New Year for you, too.

We are
                Too old to die, cp James Dean (1931-1955), arent we, or how did you begin the New Year?

@ 3WE. Back on topic. Can you say about which year we talk? I know that you n me are not here long enough, yet. If you ask me, I like to continue to be here on this brilliant aviation platform
                for a while.

Probably we should ask Alex. Although younger than me, he has been here before I discovered jetphotos.

When did it all begin, here at jetphotos? I know that I began reading jetphotos in the year 2006, without the license to write forum entries.

Dear greetings, and a Happy New Year for all of us!

PS: I was so keen to answer my own question:

1998. Wow. Back then I definitely had the same favorite aircraft of all times as today (!), but I rather was into aviation here on my home airport,
                rather offline.
                Offline. What a strange word. So. A little burning candle also from me, although I've never been part of it.
                Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-01-07, 21:57. Reason: 1998
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post

not_wrong
                  The Great **POOF**
                  has not_been cancelled .

Fixed.

***POOF***

Comment

Fixed.

***POOF***

Comment

Fixed.

De-***POOF***ed
                      Fixed .

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
                        Fixed .
                        Someone found the right button on the autopilot, I guess?

Comment

Things, here, were a too bit prim,​
                          When 3WE starts to tell stories about the End of the Second World War... "On D-Day we've arrived with boats and parachutes in the Normandy.."
                          ..and I only sit here like a little child and I think, yes, is the story already over, father, pls tell me more..

Prüde is the word in German. Yes, do you think this forum is prüde? I don't know what you've experienced before you became a jetphotos member...

Gabriel once or twice told me, the both of you have a dark history, something which happened long before the year 2008.. and which basically has to do with the word
                          AirDisaster .

Ahm. I just have seen that this is my second visit here in this topic.. Bad thing when you don't always have all of your 6000 forum entries in mind, or what would you say.

3WE, I'm just too young to have a story which has possibly begun before the year 2008. Or what would you say..

PS: The Normandy this year will celebrate another birthday, like the most of us. And now, back on topic.
                          Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-02-12, 22:46. Reason: D-Day and the 80 years after that.

Comment

..And, as the three of us here
                            have found a quiet place to discuss the past 40 years (?!), hier sind mer unter uns you'd probably say, although I'm not born in Düsseldorf (!), that's still quite hochdeutsch,
                            kurz und hart gebremst nördlich der Kölsch Grenze in Leverkusen...

I've just found out that I'm too old to be the son of Mr Eric P Clapton CBE . So far for my part, what has happened to you before the year 2008. He indeed has 4 daughters,
                            but not beginning before 1985.
                            Which somehow gives me hope. Clapton was 39.8 years (almost 40) old when he produced his first little human who from then on always walks beside him.

..... . And now really back on topic.

Comment

Working...
                            X