New Cargo Carrier from Faroe Islands, FarCargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cargo Carrier from Faroe Islands, FarCargo

First FarCargo B757F photo was taken at Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport. Aircraft is ex VQ-BPY of Yakutia.
    VQ-BPY. Boeing 757-236(SF). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 4 million screened photos online!

Yes. But if you like to book a flight, you need the FarCargo website, don't you.
    farcargo dot fo

And I didn't know at once the main airport on the Faroe Islands. So what did I do. I asked the internet. Here the result.

EKVG Vágar airport 12/30 1800 m (5906 ft) @ 280 AMSL .

Now you leave me with at least one question. I don't know everything, but I always say that I know a little bit about 737, 757, 767 and obviously 747.

Without lookin it up, the 757 is not the smallest jet which I know. 1800 m is really really short if you ask me, for a B752 .

Where is the solution?
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Without lookin it up, the 757 is not the smallest jet which I know. 1800 m is really really short if you ask me, for a B752 .

Where is the solution?
      You probably can’t do a gross-weight-100F takeoff, but 5,900 feet is a-little-short-but-within-the-normal capabilities of many airliners.
      Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

You probably can’t do a gross-weight-100F takeoff, but 5,900 feet is a-little-short-but-within-the-normal capabilities of many airliners.
        Did we say "Happy New Year" to each other? If not, now it has happened.

Now, you talk about an MTOW -100F t/o, but which jet are we talking about. The 747 is good for alot of dirty tricks, but is a 747 also good for 5900 feet?

And, my dear friend, imho we definitely aren't here to find out who knows more about the 757, especially not because I am 9 months younger than you

but in the internet, I have found this information (in German, but I can translate):
        "Die Boeing 757-100 war das Anfangskonzept der 757, welches in seiner Größe der Boeing 727 entsprach und 150 Passagiere befördern können sollte. Allerdings stieg Boeing noch vor dem offiziellen Programmstart auf das Modell 757-200 um, da sich für die kleine Version keine Kunden finden ließen." (from Boeing 757 de wiki) .

In English: The 757-100 was the prototype for the 757, which in size was equivalent of the 727 and it should be big enough for 150 passengers. But Boeing never sold one of the small 757-100,
        and so the history begins with the 757-200.

Let me say why I know a little bit about the B757. The Condor Flugdienst operates the 757 passenger jet since 1990, here on my airport, with the a/c types 752 passage (until 2006)
        and 753 passage (until today).

Not that I have always known it, but this is the official B757 spec sheet (in English):

"757-200F ... Length 47,3 m - MTOW 255,000 lb or 115,7 metric tons, so definitely not the smallest jet which I know, and take off fully loaded within "2103 m or 6,900 ft" .

That doesn't mean, that you're wrong.

But that means, that the both of us have never tried to land a B752F simulator on a 5900 ft strip. Which for me definitely is true.

Take off fully loaded, ... e.g. 394 metric tons for a 744 passage if you ask my favorite airline. And "we" don't overload the 744 here, afaik.

3090 meter is only a number for a 744, but I can believe it. I don't know if two 747 pilots here in Germany have ever tested the maximum range in a B744 passenger jet: 7262 nautical miles
        in a test flight.

Most of the time, Lufthansa doesn't need the full B744 range, and 3090 meter are enough, or even 3090 meter minus 10% = 2781 meter.

So, 5900 is short, but probably it can be done with a 752F, especially if EKVG Vagar is your home airport. MTOW t/o roll minus 10%, shouldn't be a problem in a 757 or in a 747.

PS: The 753 makes a difference, she needs 8550 ft (2605 m) fully loaded.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

***747***

***757***

***fully loaded***
          LH:

Your earlier post said 757.

My post said many-but-not_all, "not_fully loaded" and cooler temperatures (and not_all might inlclude huge-ass jumbos).

Bottom line: Yes.

...and a happy new year to you: Sorry the iPhone new year fireworks thing won't happen, here.

Signed:

OZ-DC-9-30
          Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
          X