The Boeing 747.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boeing 747.

Well. It seems as if this topic has waited for me. On German TV somebody said, that from this moment on, nobody on this planet will ever be able
    to buy a brandnew Boeing 747. Because in Seattle, they stopped to build 747s.
    And afaik, that worldwide was the one and only place where 747s had been built, since 1969.

This is what the manufacturer himself publishes today:

So. Feel free to share links, jetphotos (linked to the database or not yet published) stories and history about the Boeing 747 with me.

Lufthansa was and still is part of the Boeing 747 history, since 1970. Since more than 52 years.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

If you like, I can begin with stories, photos, and much much more.. This is what the manufacturer himself previously published, now the Original weblink:
    Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Now, today I seem to learn again one or two things. What I knew so far, the 747 was flown by Delta, by United, by NorthWestAir, ............. ....

What I didn't know so far (!), she was also owned by American Airlines, obviously. Now, I don't like to present you a very nice historic photo without the history behind it.
    American Airlines fleet history,

Boeing 747-100 since 1970, Boeing 747-200 since 1984, Boeing 747SP since 1986. The last AA-B747 (type 747SP) left the AA fleet in 1994.

But with the LH bird on the tailfin, she's still in the air, after 52 years. And this jetphoto, amongst alot of other dear forum members, is the reason why I am here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lufthansa 747-200 D-ABYS at Melbourne 1979.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	401.2 KB
ID:	1155673
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-03-01, 22:40. Reason: LH-B742 D-ABYS at Melbourne Tullamarine 1979 .

Comment

Well. There are things on this planet which I normally don't do. I normally don't (re)publish photos without naming the Original photographer or without the Original source.

But with the following photo I feel one problem. I have never been an Instagram member, because long before insta was invented (2010), I was already a jetphotos member.
      So, in this special case it must be allowed that I import one very very brilliant photo from instagram.

The Original photographer is behind the weblink that I mentioned here in this topic
      in my entry #2.

So, you brilliant photographer at instagram, feel invited here to jetphotos so that I can congratulate you for this very very brilliant photo of a Boeing 747.

Can you say the year of this very brilliant photo? If you ask me, it is a B741, so, 1979?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	American Airlines B741 year unkown.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	1155675
      What a photo!

Comment

Well. How many (historic) 747 photos fit into one forum topic? I still have Brians words in my mind who .... 2 or 12 years ago told me, not necessarily more than 5 photos
        in 1 forum post. But computers get better and better, and if you ask me, my computer was good for up to let say 5 photos within one forum topic already ten years ago.
        So, as I know that I do not operate the slowest computer on earth, if you experience difficulties with this forum topic, it doesn't open very fast, or it doesn't open at all,
        leave a message for Alex or for Brian, or for me,
        and I'll reduce the amount of data within this topic.

While I am lookin for one European airline who also once was famous for the Boeing 747, I came across one jetphoto which after... almost 50 years (!) finally was uploaded here to our
        database. The airport today and back then is Fiumicino,
        and with the keywords '747' and 'Fiumicino' our database didn't really give me what I was originally lookin for, but this one:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Lufthansa 747-200 D-ABYG at Fiumicino 1973.jpg Views:	0 Size:	758.8 KB ID:	1155679
        LH-B741 D-ABYG, photographed at Fiumicino 1973, uploaded almost 50 years later, 2021 . It is never too late too upload photo jewels like this one!
        And btw, it is a B741, not a B742. Only the B741 has three windows in the upper deck!

[Deleted by the author.]
        reason: Italia has unilaterally cancelled the cooperation (see S.S.C. Napoli vs Eintracht Frankfurt).
        Independent from political reasons there is an official recommendation in Germany to not go to Napoli in March 2023.

I will always LOVE the 747!
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-03-07, 22:27.

Comment

And I thought, that worldwide famous classic livery, valid with the bird on our tailfins, could be dead. Not if you have an active Chief Flight Captain in the Airbus A320 as your CEO,
          who obviously also must be a 747 lover. Thank You Captain Spohr, for this jetphoto.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lufthansa 747Wolfsburg at SEA (2022).jpg Views:	0 Size:	925.3 KB ID:	1156329
          "Wolfsburg" climbs out of SEA with a tremendous roar as Lufthansa 491 to FRA. So pleased to see Lufthansa's 747-400s have made a comeback after being stored during the COVID-19 pandemic.. D-ABVW. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The Victor Whiskey (named 'Wolfsburg', due to not quite nebulous reasons) climbs out of Seattle WA on her way to Rhein/Main, in August 2022 . LH #491, if we believe the photographer.

At once, I should ask Randazzo if he also knows this beautiful machine, una bella macchina, in these new colors, with this a/c registration.

New jetphotos members now might wonder, new colors, why new, has there ever been anything else. You can ask Randazzo or me, the answer is yes, but who still knows that.
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-03-11, 04:25. Reason: una bella macchina.

Comment

Working...
          X