The German aviation situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The German aviation situation.

What do you think, why do I spend quite alot of time here in this forum today, and not let's say on an extended weekend journey through airfields who are banned from the German airspace,
    Sheremetyevo, Domodedovo, Vnukovo, St Petersburg, ...... ?

Not due the newest four-letter word, beginning with P....

Russia has unilaterally cancelled the worldwide cooperation.

But today, March 26th 2023, there is another reason why I have alot of time to be here:
    1. The EDDM Munich International airport has announced that due to a strike there will be no flights between 03/26 2023 (which is now) and 03/27 2023 at 23:59 CEST .

2. The EDDF Rhein/Main airport has announced that due to a strike of the ground staff there will be no flights at all on Monday 03/27 2023 (!) . Source:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jetphotos Upload 084.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.2 KB ID:	1157238

3. My Home Airport, the EDDL Düsseldorf-Lohausen International airport has announced, that due to a strike of the ground staff there will be no flights at all on Monday 03/27 2023 (!)
    Source:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetphotos Upload 085.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	1157239

So far the major airports in Germany which I feel responsible for.

For all other German airports and for the day when you can fly again, please ask your airline.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-03-26, 04:46. Reason: No aviation on the three biggest airports in Germany.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

And, as I understand it, that's not a joke: no ground staff on the airports in Germany
    and
    no ICE trains, no RE trains, no RB trains, no S-Bahn trains within the borders of Germany (!)
    on Monday 03/27 2023.

And - as far as I know not only all railway stations are without staff, but also the "Stellwerke" are without staff on Monday -
    also not one single international train will be operated on 03/27 2023:

No SNCF in Germany , no SNCB in Germany , no Thalys in Germany,
    No SBB in Germany, No ÖBB in Germany,
    Nothing.

That also includes trains from Denmark, Norway and Sweden in Germany, it includes trains from Poland in Germany, it includes as far as I know even trains from Italy in Germany.

Zero Zero, niente a lunedi.

And these are the reasons:
    Deutsche Bahn: bahn.de - Ihr Mobilitätsportal für Reisen mit der Bahn. Deutschlands beliebtestes Reise- und Mobilitätsportal: Auskunft, Bahnfahrkarten, Online-Tickets, Länder-Tickets, günstige Angebote rund um Urlaub und Reisen.

ver.di ist die Expertin für gute Arbeit, faire Löhne, Vereinbarkeit von Familie und Beruf, Gleichberechtigung und mehr. Noch Fragen? Mach mit.

The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
    X