Comac C919 enters commercial service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comac C919 enters commercial service

China Eastern is the customer https://www.wsj.com/video/chinas-c91...6DBD0B030.html

Ah….. this will be the Chinese Airbus A320 copy sticking its nose into the international market then. Copycat slopes at it again !
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Congrats! And I'm pretty sure he didn't know what is the inner of C919 like, search more and learn more buddy!

Comment

Yes Brian, it just so happens to be a twin-engine narrow-body 200~pax passenger aircraft for short to medium hauls, which just happens to be A320/B737 territory……

The fact is that layout is what airlines all around the world are craving for these days, since short-medium range flights are what brings in the big money for them.

True, COMAC and its C919 are what I’d call latecomers to the aviation party, and yes there indeed are parts of the aircraft not entirely domestic/original in design, but everybody has to take baby steps, no?

Also, “copycat” isn’t really justified. For one I don’t see the kind of resemblance between the C919 and the A320 that was present on some knock-off Chinese cars back in the 2000s (We ourselves couldn’t bear to look at those copies……). But just look where Chinese EVs are today (Most Chinese actually want to own a Chinese car nowadays, and we’re selling them in Europe, and Japan as well, where some say they’re playing catch-up to us……)

Yes, I don’t expect to see that kind of leap for COMAC compared to the big players in commercial aviation, but I’m just curious what of an impact the C919 can make, first on the Chinese aviation industry and then, maybe after a decade or two, on international skies. A few weeks ago I came across a JP post from 2003 where many questioned China’s plan to build a passenger jet of its own. Well, two decades later and here we are with the ARJ21 and the C919, both in commercial use.

True, I might be Chinese, but I guess many spotters around the world would be glad for a glimpse and a few photo bursts of the C919 landing in their home airport in the foreseeable future. At least that adds some variety to your average A320/B737 dominating the skies

Anyway just my two cents.
        Cheers from Shanghai, China! (Present at the inauguration flight, there were A HELL LOT OF spotters there clutching telephotos)

Comment

Wasnt a seperate division created by China Eastern to operate Chinese aircraft? its called 123 Air and took delivery of the Comac RJ21 last year or so, thought the 919 was to be flown by that too, here's a trip report by Noel Philips who keeps calling the airline Sheena Eston.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
            Wasnt a seperate division created by China Eastern to operate Chinese aircraft? its called 123 Air and took delivery of the Comac RJ21 last year or so, thought the 919 was to be flown by that too, here's a trip report by Noel Philips who keeps calling the airline Sheena Eston.
            123 Airlines(English name is actually OTT Airlines) currently only operates ARJ21,C919 at China Eastern Airlines

Comment

Working...
            X