Couple sues Cathy for being forcibly upgraded to first class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple sues Cathy for being forcibly upgraded to first class

This is from today's South China Morning Post.

A filipino couple successfully sued Cathay for 5000 pesos after alleging that they were forcibly upgraded to first class by Cathay. The couple were booked in business class, along with two guests of theirs, and when they were offered an upgrade to first class, they refused it because their guests could not get an upgrade. The ground attendant told them that if they did not accept the upgrade, they would not be allowed to board the plane. As a result, they were forced to sit in first class for their whole flight, while their guests sat in business class. The courts agreed with them!
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Why couldn't Cathey let them fl Business class? Just another crazyworld court file

Comment

Why did they have to upgrade? Was the business class fully booked? The couple could have changed with another couple or two alone treveelling persons. But suyng afterwards is stupid.
      BTW: How much are 5000 pesos in Euro?
      Andy

Comment

Its about 100 USD. I dunno howmany euros that is. They initially demanded 650000 pesos, but got only 5000.

Btw, they also sued because they claimed that the ground attendent was rude and shouted at them.
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

At the moment 100 USD are about 95 Euro.
          Andy

Comment

Being forced to fly in a better class away from there companions. They could have gloated the entire time. Man, there are stupid people. And if Business was all booked up you could be moved up, down, or be left at the gate. they got the best and whined like 2 year olds about it.

Comment

i'd fly first class the price of business anyday...separate me with anyone...i'll see them in 6 hours
              Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

This does not go over well when for example they are clients or when it involves a subordinate. Seems to me it would have been a very simple matter to find two other people to upgrade, and leave these two with their travelling companions-the original post did say they were "guests". If such is the case, it is kind of ignorant to leave them alone in biz, while you are in first. Sounds like the agent was being very anal, and deserved to be disciplined, not sure a law suit is called for however.
                ________
                Free gift card

Comment

I'm sorry but those people are just stupid. Look, my sister and I have often flown in a lower class than my parents and we are allowed to go up and visit them vice versa. If these people don't want to be separated from their guests then let one of the guests go up to first and one of the hosts in biz. Duh. Suing an airline for upgrading you is just plane stupidity.

Comment

who can refuse to fly Cathay 1st Class?

in these "seats" and with this kind of cousine:

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

I couldn't.
                      Andy

Comment

There is no medicine around against stupidity. The agent sould have let them together in business class, and find two other happy passengers for an upgrade. Hard to resist when I see those photos.

Regards,
                        Peter

Comment

what stupid people. I would kill to get to first class on cathy. I would be so glad, the last thing i would do is sue them.

im gonna sue you for puttin me in first class :P
                          frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

You would kill to get in first class ??????????? You should go to Iraq then.

Headshaking
                            Peter

Comment

I was just kiddin i wouldnt really kill
                              frist is my last name, not a type-o

Comment

Working...
                              X