Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China orders all domestic airlines to issue masks

Hi,
    China has ordered all domestic airlines to issue face masks and sterile gauze to passengers in a bid to prevent the further spread of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, state press said today.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

That is issue pretty late. SARS has already spread. Are there any cases in Beijing or Shanghai?
    Andy

Comment

It's about time. China's been a little behind in taking action against SARS. I think many other airlines offer face masks on flights.

Comment

Better late than never. Let's hope it helps.

Regards,
        Peter

Comment

China is still keeping its figures hidden.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I know that there were quite a lot of cases in Beijing. Don't know exact number. Not sure about Shanghai...what about train travel??
            Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Beijing reports 37 cases. The WHO estimates that there are about 100-200 cases in Beijing. Shanghai has 2 cases.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

This situation is getting worse day by day!!

We need a cure and we need it fast!

There has already been 5 cases in my state!!!
                Pete at PIT.....KPIT Rocks!

Comment

Has it hit USA too!!!!

Comment

On television it was shown that trains in China were desinfected to prevent SARS from spreading any further.

Given the fact that SARS has been around in China since about October last, and that we only heard of it in late February, I believe that Chinese casualties are probably much higher than they want us to believe.

Regards,
                    Peter

Comment

Quite right Peter. The best place to get the true facts is the WHO website.

Comment

Today I heard somtehing about SARS in the news. China said to improve cooperation with the WHO and public the number of cases in military hopitlas.
                        I don't know the exact numbers anymore.
                        Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X