JFK Terminal 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFK Terminal 4

This new American Airlines terminal costs $1 billion. It requires the demolition of terminals 8 and 9. In the 184,000sqm terminal, there will be 59 jet gates, of those 41 are for large jets. It is scheduled to open in 2006.

Exterior view of Terminal 4

Inside the concourse.

Arrivals area of the new terminal.

Check-in area.

Shopping centre inside the terminal.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Um... that is Terminal 4 but its not American Airlines...

Terminal 4 is the International Arrivals Terminal and is brand spanking new... looks great.

The Current AA Terminal looks like a warehouse with few windows... the new one is being built but it isn't that one.

Comment

Hi,
      American Airlines Terminal
      How can AA afford this atnthe moment?

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas_Cook_757-200
        Hi,
        American Airlines Terminal
        How can AA afford this atnthe moment?

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200
        I don't think they can... construction seems to have been paused.

Comment

Oh my bad...I got the info from www.airport-technology.com...they said it was AA, it read:

JFK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL 4 CONSTRUCTION, USA
          In 1999, American Airlines began a seven-year programme to build the largest passenger terminal at John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport, New York. The project is a $1 billion venture that requires the demolition of its existing two terminals (8 and 9), and their replacement with a mega terminal with 59 gates, 41 for large jets and 18 for American Eagle's regional jets. Designed to accommodate more than 14 million passengers annually, the mammoth 184,000m2 terminal, with three concourses, will be built in four phases for completion by summer 2006.

Probably outdated, I'll trust you nyc_spotter

Comment

Here's a pic of the new terminal 4:

Comment

When was T4 completed? and what terminal is the one that's under construction and scheduled for 2006?

Comment

AA already committed most of the funds to the project but since construction is ahead of schedule they have slowed a bit. The money was already budgeted for and contracted so they can't turn back, but when it opens they will need allot more labor at JFK which they can't afford right now. They do need the new terminal though; the existing one in my opinion is the worst terminal at JFK. As for Terminal 4 it is simply awesome! I was there just about a year ago and was really impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by B777-400
                  When was T4 completed? and what terminal is the one that's under construction and scheduled for 2006?
                  T4 was completed this time last year... It was fully operational when I went through it in August of 2000.

The current terminal under construction is American Airlines terminal but that seems to have been paused probably because of AA's inability to finance it right now.

Terminal 1 is also pretty new (about 4 years).

Comment

Ditto on the AA terminal... the warehouses in Rockaway look better then that thing.

Comment

Somehow the interior reminds of Kuala Lumpur's new Sepang airport. I like it. Same architects?

Regards,
                      Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X