No announcement yet.

7E7---new order update---80 more soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7E7---new order update---80 more soon?

Story available via Bloomberg and Dow Jones now, some quotes;

By Andrea Rothman
    Jan. 18 (Bloomberg) -- International Lease Finance Corp., the
    biggest aircraft lessor, may buy as many as 20 Boeing Co. 7E7
    airplanes, said the leasing company's chairman Mr Steven Udvar-Hazy.

``We're in active discussions with Boeing,'' he said. ``They
    are coming in with a new offer, and we hope it will progress as
    the weeks go by.''

Udvar-Hazy said in the interview that he is also in talks with
    Airbus to purchase 20 A350 planes.

All out there now, he also speaks of Options for both models in the interview. Given the conservative stance of ILFC & GECAS towards ordering without having placed the airplanes since 9/11 It'd be interesting to see if they announce who they'll be Leasing to when they order.

and..........

Qatar Airways Mulls Buying Up To 60 Boeing 7E7 Aircraft

Tuesday January 18, 5:24 AM EST

TOULOUSE, France -(Dow Jones)- The head of Qatar Airways said Tuesday the airline is talking to Boeing Co. (BA) about buying up to 60 7E7 aircraft.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker told Dow Jones Newswires he hopes to finalize the order by the time of the Paris air show in June.

Speaking on the sidelines of the unveiling of the new Airbus (ABI.YY) A380 superjumbo, the executive said that up to now Qatar Airways only operates Airbus jets.

"We hope to announce before the airshow if everything falls in place," said Al Baker.

The executive said the orders will likely include options, "but Qatar Airways always exercises its options."

Airbus late last year cited Qatar Airways as a possible client of its planned A350 long-range airliner.

John Leahy, Airbus' chief salesman, said the company was in "serious discussions" to sell the 245-seat airplane to Qatar Airways.

-By David Pearson, Dow Jones Newswires; +33 1 40 17 17 40, david.pearson@ dowjones.com

The head of Qatar Airways said Tuesday the airline is talking to Boeing Co. ( BA) about buying up to 60 7E7 aircraft.

Qatar Airways Chief Executive Akbar Al Baker told Dow Jones Newswires he hopes to finalize the order by the time of the Paris air show in June.

(In an item publish at 1024 GMT the name of the airline was misstated.)

I don't put too much weight on these types of rumors, until they announce a signed contract. Look for Airbus to sell A350's by chipping away at the price until Boeing gives up and goes home. Pricing brinksmanship. It's a very effective strategy.

Comment

Re:

I wouldn't bank on either Airbus or Boeing as far as Qatar's concerned, remember that Qatar's CEO said that it would actually buy the 7E7 if Boeing went ahead w/ the -9 variant. So it could easily go either way, this is not one of those "Airbus will get it by default" orders.

Foxtrot

Comment

From what I heard, it was an almost done deal before the A350 came about. It seems like (and this is my OWN personal feeling) that Qatar is going to use the A350 only as a tool to get boeing to bring the 7e7 price down. Qatar had a HUGE part in the design of the 7e7..especially the -9 model. I expect this order. John Leahy is a person who would seem a lot smarter if he didn't talk so much. I will puke if he is able to get the A350 orders from Qatar!

Anyway, GO 7E7.....fly the dream....Dreamliner that is!

OK, that's enough boeing spouting for one night.
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Well how many orders do the 7E7 and a350 each have respectively at the moment? I believe the 7E7 was 130-ish but I got no idea of the a350, a 60 plane deal would be very nice to get the a350 rolling, but you feel Boeing have the edge in this one, who knows though.

4Engines4LongHaul

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainJackSparrow
            Well how many orders do the 7E7 and a350 each have respectively at the moment? I believe the 7E7 was 130-ish but I got no idea of the a350, a 60 plane deal would be very nice to get the a350 rolling, but you feel Boeing have the edge in this one, who knows though.
            So far:
            A350 - 10
            7E7 - 126

-Colin

Comment

i beleive the 10 for the 350 is just a MOU

Comment

Originally posted by onlyboeingifly
                i beleive the 10 for the 350 is just a MOU
                So are some of the 7E7 orders (Primaris anyone?), but they are still being included.

-Colin

Comment

Working...
                X