Flying and Drugs do not match!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying and Drugs do not match!

I have just heard that the pilots on the Foker 50 that over-ran the runway in Melilla on Jan 17, have come up positive with Alcohol and Cocaine in their blood. Those tests were done right after the crash.

That make me wonder if pilots go through routine urine/blood tests? Makes me very nervous that the people who have the responsability of flying aircraft might be FUI.

[img]naughty.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

What pisses me off is that I know several guys with good experience and lot's of hours ( 3000hrs. + ) eeking out a living somewhere up in the Canadian arctic for below minimum wage hoping for that elusive airline job, and guys like this have to piss it all away.

Drugs or alcohol don't mix with anything that needs concentration, be it flying, driving, operating machinery e.t.c. If they loose their priviledges great, they probably never deserved it to begin with.

Comment

I say the same thing Darbedar said every time I can.
      I still don't understand how those "pilots" can play in such a way with the best job (and with the passengers of course).

Damn, As I say everytime, if they don't want their job they should give it to someone that wants it (like me when I finish high school and get my license).

Drunks at America West, Delta, Lufthansa, Drugs at Air Nostrum...... what the fu** happens?

[ January 26, 2003 08:28 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by Avianca 757 ]

Comment

there is sortof a twisted irony in the statement "flying and drugs don't match" since most people who "use" do so to "fly" LOL! but in all seriousness, I cannot fathom why someone would want to be high on anything, especially something so "fidgety" as cocaine and then be holed up in a small cockpit and be forced to have to concentrate on anything... just seems like an all around buzz kill to me.. not to mention the hatchet job on one's health, career and criminal record!
        "Idle hands don't get clap"

Comment

Working...
        X